Wage And Hour Issues With On-Call Employees
|Date / Time:
Employers and human resources professionals need to be wary of on-call time as an area that can make calculating overtime a major challenge.
Renowned wage and hour attorney Mark E. Tabakman will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of what the flashpoint issues are related to on-call time and when those issues may turn into significant problems for an employer. Mark will offer practical advice alongside insightful case studies and analysis so professionals will be able to proactively identify problem areas and fix them.
Applicable Legal Principles
- Waiting to Be Engaged vs. Engaged to Be Waiting
- Definition of on Call Time
- Importance of Correctly Characterizing Such Time
Liability Potentials/Proactive Measures
- Response Time: The Crucial Test
- Other Components/Issues
About The Presenter
- Damages Assessment
- Litigation Scenarios
- Proactive Implementation of Policy: The Cure
Mark E. Tabakman, Esq.
- Labor & Employment Partner in the Princeton office of Fox Rothschild LLP
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of wage and hour law, including the representation of more than 200 clients before the United States and many state Departments of Labor on misclassification (i.e., white collar exemptions, independent contractor), working time, construction industry/Davis Bacon/prevailing wage cases and other issues
- Frequent guest speaker on wage-hour and employment law issues and has appeared on local and national television programs commenting on these matters. He wrote a weekly column on labor and employment issues titled "Making the Law Work"
- Publishes the Wage & Hour — Developments & Highlights blog (https://wagehourlaw.foxrothschild.com/) to provide the latest information and his observations on new developments in wage-hour law, such as class actions, exemption/misclassification and working time issues
- Included in the list of New Jersey "Super Lawyers" in the field of Labor & Employment (2013 to 2016), and in “Super Lawyers Business Edition” in the area of Employment and Labor Law (2013)
- J.D. degree, Rutgers University School of Law; B.S. degree, Cornell University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Workplace Investigations 101: The Basics For Conducting Workplace Investigations
Employee Handbooks: 2017 Issues
How To Change The Perception Of The HR Department
How To Communicate Assertively To Exude Confidence And Competence
Year End Legislative &Tax Changes In Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
PTO Plan Or Traditional Vacation And Sick Time? The Pros and Cons Of A Paid-Time-Off Plan
Motivate Or Terminate
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Agile Basics For HR
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
The Essentials Of HR Law
FMLA Training &Certification Program
Certified Payroll Manager
Fundamentals Of Form W-2 &Form W-4 Processing