CFRA Certifications: Critical Compliance Essentials To Keep You Out Of Legal Hot Water
|Date / Time:
Although the California Family Rights Act (CFRA) and the federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) are similar, there are several key differences when it comes to requesting medical certifications in California.
Join us when attorney Danielle Garcia of Fisher Phillips will provide the latest updates on how to ensure that CFRA certification requests comply with state and federal law. You’ll discover what you may legally request in terms of a medical certification from your employees and strategies for getting the information you need to properly designate leave. You’ll also learn how to spot potential abuses of the system.
About Your Presenter:
- Key CFRA definitions you need to master
- What your rights are as an employer when it comes to medical leave for employees
- Proper guidelines for getting the healthcare certification forms you need
- Who is included under the PFL (Paid Family Leave) and what you may request to certify compliance
- Best practices for obtaining documentation to determine if a California employee is entitled to paid and/or protected leave
- Why it is important to have proper certification – and what that entails
- Rules related to fitness-for-duty certification before and after returning from leave
- Compliance essentials for certifications pertaining to pregnancy disability leave in California
- The difference between serious health conditions and common ailments identified on the medical certification so you can properly allow or deny leave
- How to handle a situation where you need to obtain clarification on a medical certification due to vagueness, incompleteness or ambiguity
- The limits to your rights to obtain subsequent medical opinions concerning a serious health condition
Danielle C. Garcia
Fisher & Phillips
Danielle Garcia focuses on representing clients in all aspects of labor and employment law, including traditional labor relations management, harassment, and discrimination. She currently advises employers regarding proper CFRA practices to prevent costly litigation. Prior to her legal career, Danielle worked as a human resource generalist where she administered CFRA and FMLA leaves and managed complicated leave scenarios. She has also presented at BLR’s FMLA masters class in San Diego.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in On-Demand version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification|
All US States: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||BLR® is the leader in helping organizations, and their employees, reduce safety, environmental and employment compliance-related legal exposure, stay on the right side of law, and achieve their full potential. We offer best-in-class compliance product and services that includes news, information & analysis, best practice guidance, employee training and turn-key tools delivered in a wide range of formats from online applications, live events and websites to books, CD's, Video, Posters and newsletters geared to all sized organizations and industries.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
FMLA, CFRA certifications, med certs, HR documentation, leave management
A Post-Election Survival Guide For Employers
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Deal With Employees Who Are Chronically Late Or Absent
Dealing with Difficult People
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud