IRS Form 1099 From The Inside Out: Reporting Updates
|Date / Time:
The world of 1099 reporting requires us to be knowledgeable of the complicated revisions of expanding 1099 rules. There will be continual uncertainty as to what burdensome revisions we may expect next.
Thus, it is imperative to gain insight as to the current laws concerning information reporting. Be informed of the most recent information reporting regulations to assure that you and your clients remain compliant with proper policies and procedures, and advise payors of their responsibilities.
The Basics of 1099 Reporting
- Types of Payments Requiring 1099s
- IRS TIN Matching Program and Procedures to Correct Inaccurate 1099s
- Electronic Filing of Forms 1099 (FIRE)
Updates on Current Hot Topics in the 1099 World
- IRS 2100/2100A and Subsequent B-Notices to Payees
- Increased Penalties for Noncompliance: Penalty Notices and Fees
- Backup Withholding Requirements
- U.S. and Nonresident Requirements
About The Presenter
- Form 1099-B Requirements: Broker Basis Reporting
- Consumer/Debtor Alert: Form 1099-C - Cancelation of Debt (COD)
- IRS Merchant Acquirer Reporting Requirements: Code Section 6050W and Form 1099-K
- Independent Contractor Issues - Misclassifications and Remedies (Form 1099-MISC)
- Voluntary Classification Settlement Program (VCSP) (Form 8952)
- 2016 Legislation and the Future of Information Reporting
Marcia L. Miller, E.A.
- Managing director, Transition Advisors, LLC, leading CPAs through transition with succession and M & A strategies
- President and owner of Financial Horizons, Inc.
- Enrolled agent entitled to practice before the Internal Revenue Service
- 35 years of accounting, tax and management consulting in South Florida for a practice with emphasis on representing small business owners in all aspects of taxes, employment and labor issues, pensions, estate planning as well as federal, state (nationwide) and foreign mandatory reporting
- Member, Internal Revenue Service's Information Reporting Program Advisory Committee (IRPAC) Appointment for a three year term commencing January 2015
- Author, speaker and teleconference expert for various national companies and accounting organizations at their annual conferences, lecturing on a multitude of tax, technical and nontechnical topics focusing on the areas of tax planning, management and health care reform
- Prior nationwide presenter of tax legislative seminars for Thomson Reuters on current business taxation and accounting issues
- Former adjunct professor at Nova Southeastern University's H. Wayne Huizenga School of Business and Entrepreneurship
- Advisory board member overseeing Certificate of Accounting Compliance Program (CAC)
- M.B.A. and B.B.A. degrees, University of Miami School of Business
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
Managing Emotions Under Pressure
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program