IRS Form 1099-MISC Reporting Requirements And Updates
|Date / Time:
Many accounts payable and accounting departments struggle with correctly completing Form 1099-MISC. They often do not know how to issue a 1099-MISC to disregarded entities or how to report special payments such as legal settlements or payments made after the death of an employee. Payable departments often miss deadlines when responding IRS B-Notices which can result in penalties.
This webinar helps the persons responsible for issuing the 1099-MISC forms to collect the pertinent information to complete a correct Form 1099-MISC including payee information, information about proper boxes to report payments and how to handle follow-up questions from the IRS via B-Notice letters.
New issues for 2016 reporting, how to report to disregarded entities, how to report medical payments, legal settlements and the proper reporting for payments made after the death of an employee will be explained.
Failing to properly complete and file Forms 1099-MISC is a common issue which exists for all payers, both for-profit and not-for-profit entities. The result of issuing incorrect 1099-MISC forms is often penalties imposed on the payer. This class will help payers avoid penalties as well as limit the number of corrected Forms 1099-MISC they will have to prepare.
What's New for 2016, Form 1099-MISC
- Corrections of Form 1099-MISC
- FATCA Filing
- Medicaid Waiver Payments
- What Is a TIN?
- Who Completes a W-9?
- What to Do With Disregarded Entities
Other 1099-MISC Considerations
- What Is the Difference Between Box 3 and Box 7?
- Where Do You Report Legal Settlements and Medical Payments?
- When Are 1099-MISC Forms Due to Recipients and the IRS?
About The Presenter
- Back-up Withholding and B Notices
Mary H. Angelbeck
- Retired member of Ernst & Young’s National Employment Tax/Information Reporting Group
- Enrolled agent with the IRS
- More than 30 years of experience in the field of taxation, both as a state administrator and as a consultant
- Practice included managing large payroll restructuring projects; payroll tax advisory services related to mergers and acquisitions; providing year-end federal, multistate, and local payroll tax advisory services; payroll related federal, state and local tax controversy and federal as well as state and local information reporting (1099 and 1042-S) issues
- Speaker local chapters of the American Payroll Association, the New York University Annual Institute on State and Local Taxation, the Federation of Tax Administrators, the Tax Executives Institute, the Counsel on State Taxation, The American Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Institute of CPAs and The Lorman Group
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
Managing Emotions Under Pressure
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program