How To Survive An ACA Audit
|Date / Time:
With the first Affordable Care Act (ACA) reporting deadline behind us, now is not the time to lose focus as we are entering a crucial time in which HR managers, payroll administrators and other benefit professionals can help protect their employer and clients from penalties in the event of an ACA audit.
Ensure that your policies and procedures mitigate audit inquiries from various federal agencies. Documentation and record retention will be the key to minimizing potential penalties.
- Federal Agencies – DOL, HHS, IRS, and the EEOC
- Potential Penalties
- Record Retention
- Required Notices
- Employee Communications
About The Presenters
- Applicable Large Employer (ALE) – Controlled Groups and Affiliated Service Groups
- Counting Employees – Misclassification of Independent Contractors
- Plan Eligibility Criteria and Measurement Periods
- Plan Documents and SPD
- Variable Hour Tracking
- Offer of Coverage and Waivers
- Social Security Number Errors
Jacob Guinn, J.D.
Stephen A. Mehaffey, J.D., CPA
- Tax manager, Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC
- Specializes in regulatory compliance and design consultation for a wide range of clients with retirement and health and welfare benefit plans
- Assists clients with health and retirement plan design and compliance, as well as Affordable Care Act consulting
- Member of the Tennessee State Bar
- J.D. degree with a transactions concentration, University of Tennessee; M.B.A. degree in finance, Middle Tennessee State University; B.B.A. degree in accounting, East Tennessee State University
- Associate director, Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC
- Contributing writer of the Guide to Health Care Reform in Louisiana, which is a comprehensive overview of the health care reform acts
- Client consulting on the Affordable Care Act; including MEWAs, prevailing wage plans, self-insured plans, grandfathered plans and other issues
- More than 20 years of experience focusing on employee benefits
- Assists clients with health plan design and compliance, including DOL audits
- Member of the Oregon State Bar, AICPA
- Member of the AICPA Health Care Tax Task Force
- J.D. degree and B.B.Ad. degree in business administration, Gonzaga University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
Managing Emotions Under Pressure
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Dealing with Difficult People
Bring Our Training Courses To Your Location