Designing A Global Sales Compensation Plan
|Date / Time:
U.S. headquartered global organizations growing in today's dynamic environments often find themselves frustrated by inconsistencies in sales compensation plan administration, planning and practices.
Many such organizations wish to avoid the conflicts raised by these inconsistencies by implementing a single global sales incentive compensation plan, in order to ensure consistent practices worldwide when it comes to when, why and how its diverse sales force will be paid.
This material provides the tools needed to develop an effective global compensation plan. We will discuss key elements of a successful Global Plan, including drafting important terms, planning for and implementing a successful roll-out and addressing and resolving disputes arising from change management along the way.
Whether integrating compensation plans following a first-time acquisition, or harmonizing existing plans worldwide, we will provide you the resources necessary to design and implement a strategy to make global incentive pay manageable, provide your workforce with enforceable agreements, adopt protocols to avoid common mistakes and disputes, and consistently address and resolve employee-relations matters when they do arise.
Why Are Global Compensation Plans Important?
Critical Issues in Plan Design
- Market Drivers, Financial Planning, Consistency, Fairness
Critical Issues in Plan Implementation
- Commission Plans vs. Sales Incentive Pay
- Designing a Coverage Model to Clearly Define How Incentive Pay Is Earned – the Most Important Factor in Sales Compensation Plan Success
- Transparency in Setting Expectations Around Quota Adjustment
- Other Crucial Plan Components – Best Practices
- Commonly Confused Concepts in a Global Environment and Their Legal Significance Incentive/Bonus, Holiday/Vacation, Sales Management's Role
- Annual Plans
- MidYear Plan Changes New Products and Opportunities
- Avoiding Bluebirds
- Threshold Reqirements
- Legal Issues Raised From Sales Cycle Reporting Systems
- Clear Training in and Prohibition of Breach in Finance Protocols
- Leaves of Absence
- Termination of Employment
- Other Legal Matters Specifically Impacting a Global Sales Force
About The Presenter
- Effective Plan Roll-Outs and Drafting Enforceable Agreements
- Employment Contracts vs. AtWill
- Annual Plan Changes
- Consultation Requirements
- Acquired Rights Principles
- Individual Agreements
- Local Law Requirements
- Best Practices in Rolling-out New Plans
- Team Impact of Cross Functional Thought Leaders: Legal, Finance, Operations, HR, Compensation, Sales Leadership
- Addressing Disputes
- Lessons Learned the Hard Way – Examples
Carson G. Burnham
- Shareholder and chair of the International Practice Group at Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C., a Labor & Employment Firm throughout the U.S., and in Europe, Canada and Mexico
- Over the last five years, she built the firm’s International Practice in the U.S. and led the growth of the firm in London, Berlin, and Mexico City, and Canada
- Extensive experience advocating for multinational organizations and resolving all manner of global employment law and cross border issues, including litigation, employment negotiation advice and counsel, compensation planning, executive compensation and benefits, international corporate structure requirements for engaging a local or expat workforce, union and works council negotiations, and training
- Also handles the range of employment law issues that arise in cross-border mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and restructurings; specializes in assisting her U.S. clients break through obstacles arising from foreign employment laws that impede fast paced growth and progress
- Routinely handles matters in Europe, the Middle East and Asia; she and her team have assisted clients in more than 100 countries
- J.D. degree, University of Pennsylvania
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
Managing Emotions Under Pressure
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program