Protect Your Company From Employee Poaching
|Date / Time:
Arguably employer-employee loyalty is at an all-time low, and the unexpected loss of a key employee to a competitor can be devastating to a business. It often starts a domino effect that disrupts the workplace, resulting in the loss of customers, confidential information and other valued employees.
Although many employers have certain operational and contractual protections in place, they are often outdated and inadequate, leaving the employer unable to properly protect its business.
This webinar helps business owners, senior management and human resource professionals understand the best strategies in preventing employee defection, breeding employee loyalty, and implementing sound protections against employee poaching and misappropriation of confidential information.
The content also explains how employers can prepare restrictive covenants that are legally enforceable to insulate their business against competitors and disloyal employees. This webinar is critical for employers who wish to be proactive in protecting their most valuable assets.
How to Develop Employee Loyalty
Use of Employment Agreements
- Beyond Salary: Alternative Financial and Quality of Life Incentives
- Deterring Defection: Use of Contractual Obligations and Restrictions to Reduce Attrition
Alternative Solutions: Interaction With Your Competitors
- Anti-Piracy Provisions and Confidentiality Agreements (Aka: Non-Disclosures)
- How to Properly Draft Enforceable Non-Compete and Non-Solicitation Agreements
- Recent Efforts by States to Limit the Use of Restrictive Covenants
About The Presenter
- Regulating Your Own Recruiting Practices
- Anti-Poaching Agreements
- When to Take Legal Action and Strategies to Help Build a Strong Case
Robert C. Whitaker, Jr.
- Partner in the office of Hancock Estabrook, LLP
- Specializes in labor and employment law with extensive experience drafting and litigating enforcement of restrictive covenants between businesses and former employees and competitors
- Regularly defends companies in federal and state courts and administrative agencies against claims of discrimination, harassment, unpaid wages and overtime
- Has written numerous employment law articles for regional and national publications and frequently speaks on such topics
- Named to Super Lawyers for Employment & Labor law from 2013 to 2016
- J.D. degree, University at Buffalo; B.A. degree, Oswego State University of New York
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
A Post-Election Survival Guide For Employers
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Deal With Employees Who Are Chronically Late Or Absent
Dealing with Difficult People
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud