Board Governance Best Practices
|Date / Time:
For board members, corporate governance today is a battleground between different interests. Investors demand better results; regulators add ever-increasing layers of legal danger and paperwork. And then there is management, with whom the board must shape a sometimes friendly, sometimes contentious relationship.
Yet boards are discovering that they can't wrestle with these big issues until they shape a strong foundation of the little issues. These are the basics of good boardsmanship - effective meetings; strong board leadership; power agendas that use every minute to the max; smart board committee structures; streamlined board info that informs without overwhelming; controls that keep the board well informed.
Ralph Ward's Boardroom Best Practice material delivers on this need with real-world tools, models and ideas that help any board do a better job of oversight, in less time and with less effort.
The Essentials: Your Board's Role in Governance, and What It Must Get Right for Success
Structure and Workings of Best Practice Boards: Planning and Scheduling the Board Agenda and Calendar and Board Meetings That Work
- The Five Factors That Make an Effective Board
- Know Your Director's Duties, Know Your Board Role
- Crafting Board Power Committees
- How Best Practice Board Leaders Lead
Board Information Flow: Assuring Board Info Is Both Comprehensive and Useful
- How Smart Boards Plan Their Work
- Agenda Design as a Board Power Tool
- Try These Agenda Tips for Better Board Oversight in Less Time
- Board Presentations That Aren't Deadly (or Deceptive)
Improving the Breed: Moving Your Board Beyond the Basics
- Why so Many Boards Are Either Drowning in - or Starving for - Info
- Best Practice Board Info Packages
- Smart Use of Tech and Board Online Portals
About The Presenter
- Board Evaluation - Doing It Right, Making It Stick
- Board Talent Planning and Succession
- Publisher of the online email newsletter Boardroom INSIDER, the worldwide source for practical, first-hand advice on better boards and directors (www.boardroominsider.com)
- An internationally-recognized writer and commentator on the role of boards of directors, the secrets of how benchmark boards excel, corporate scandals and reforms, and the future of governance worldwide
- Wrote the books Boardroom Q&A (2011), The New Boardroom Leaders (2008), Saving the Corporate Board (2003), Improving Corporate Boards: The Boardroom INSIDER Guidebook (2000), and 21st Century Corporate Board (1997)
- Speaks extensively on boardroom issues in the U.S. and internationally, presenting programs on boardroom best practices
- His two-day “Boardroom Masterclass” seminar has recently been offered in the Middle East, Africa and Asia
- Has also edited The Corporate Board magazine, the international journal of corporate governance, since 1990
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
Managing Emotions Under Pressure
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program