Understanding Disability In The Workplace: LTD, STD, Workers' Compensation And Return To Work
|Date / Time:
Attend this webinar to gain a thorough understanding of disability under various states' workers' compensation statutes.
You also will be provided with an in-depth learning experience covering the various available benefits, including Long Term Disability (LTD), Short Term Disability (STD), and the interplay with workers' compensation benefits.
This webinar also presents specific strategies to assess return to work motivation, risks and factors which can impact a prolonged period of disability, and create barriers which influence return to work outcomes.
IntroductionDefinition of Disability Under State Statutes Benefits Available to Injured Workers
Long Term Disability BenefitsShort Term Disability BenefitsReturn to Work Strategy
- Workers' Compensation Benefits
- Medical Benefits
- Specific Loss and Disfigurement Benefits
About The Presenters
- Accessing Return to Work Opportunities
- Motion, Risks and Factors
- Return to Work Process
- Successful Outcomes
Deborah A. Beck
Zachary M. Rubinich
- Of Counsel to the firm in the Philadelphia office of Rawle & Henderson, LLP
- Focuses practice on workers’ compensation defense litigation
- Was the 2004 defense co-chair for the Philadelphia Bar Association’s Workers’ Compensation Section
- Has been a litigator since 1996, representing employers and carriers in all aspects of workers’ compensation from initial proceedings before the Bureau to appellate representation before the Commonwealth and Supreme Court
- Has been a member of the Pennsylvania Bar since 1996 and the New Jersey Bar since 1997
- Certified as a Specialist in the practice of workers’ compensation law by the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Section on Workers' Compensation Law as authorized by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- Co-presenter: The U.S. Constitution and How It Has Been Viewed Over Its History, Women for Greater Philadelphia Program, September 2016
- B.A. degree in political science, Gannon University; J.D. degree, cum laude, Duquesne University
- Partner in the Philadelphia office of Rawle & Henderson, LLP
- Focuses on the defense of insurance carriers, self-insured entities and third-party administrators against workers’ compensation claims in Pennsylvania
- Based on his extensive experience, the Pennsylvania Bar Association Workers’ Compensation Law Section has certified him as specialist in the practice of workers’ compensation law
- Handled all aspects of litigation before workers’ compensation judges, the Workers’ Compensation Appeal Board, the Commonwealth Court and the Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- Routinely counsels employers, insurance carriers and third-party administrators on claims management, workplace safety, return-to-work programs, employment practices and risk management
- Recently re-appointed as vice-chair of the American Bar Association’s Tort Trial and Insurance Practice (TIPS) Workers’ Compensation and Employers’ Liability Law Committee for 2016-2017
- Preeminently rates in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory and has been selected as a Pennsylvania Rising Star by Super Lawyers, 2010 to 2014
- J.D. degree, Widener University School of Law; B.A. degree in political science and government, Lycoming College
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
Managing Emotions Under Pressure
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Dealing with Difficult People
Bring Our Training Courses To Your Location