Affirmative Action Compliance Update
|Date / Time:
When was the last time you updated your narrative plan documents, your applicant self-identification forms, and your statistical and adverse impact analysis? If a letter from the OFCCP is in your mailbox today, are you confident that your plan will pass muster?
As you update your plan documents for 2017, take some time for an in-depth review of recent changes to the regulatory requirements and best practices that affect each aspect of your plan and related forms. Identify areas for improvement in your plan and compliance efforts, and become familiar with the OFCCP's current audit practices and regulatory focus.
Affirmative Action Regulation Overview
To Keep or Not to Keep: Statistical Reports/Records
- Executive Order (EO) 11246 and Its Amendments
- EO 13672 and EO 13665
- EO 13658: Minimum Wage
- EO 13706: Paid Sick Leave
- Sections 4212 (VEVRAA) and 503 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Annual Assessment and Audit
Browning-Ferris Industries of California NLRB Decision of August 27, 2015Compensation Manager Interview During OFCCP AuditAbout The Presenter
- EEO-1 Report and Filing Rule Changes
- Sex Discrimination Guidelines
- Executive Order 13673
- Required Language and Posters
James K. Cowan, Jr.
- Chairman and founder of CowanPerry PC in Blacksburg and Roanoke, Virginia
- Practice focuses on labor and employment counsel, complex business litigation, land use issues, and commercial real estate projects. He also serves as general outside counsel to numerous businesses
- Represents a number of employers in the mid-Atlantic region, ranging from high-tech start-ups to large manufacturers
- More than twenty years litigation experience in federal and state courts across Virginia defending wrongful discharge claims, claims for relief under the Family Medical Leave Act and Fair Labor Standards Act, disability discrimination claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act, age discrimination claims under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and claims of sexual harassment, and race and gender discrimination under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Focuses on assisting clients with compliance obligations under the FLSA, FMLA, ADA, ADEA, Title VII, and Executive Order 11246 compliance, including preparation of affirmative action plans and responding to OFCCP audits
- Frequent speaker and corporate trainer for companies on sexual harassment, employment discrimination, FMLA and ADA compliance, the Fair Labor Standards Act, diversity and affirmative action, conducting workplace investigations, hiring and firing, and union free management
- Member of the Virginia State Bar; the Virginia Bar Association, Labor Relations and Employment Law Section; board member for the New River Valley Society for Human Resource Management; and currently serves as general counsel to the New River Valley Economic Development Alliance
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, Labor and Employment Law; selected as a Virginia Super Lawyer in Employment and Labor
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
Managing Emotions Under Pressure
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Dealing with Difficult People
Bring Our Training Courses To Your Location