New 'Smart' Form I-9 Compliance: Understanding Changes To The Employment Verification And Recordkeeping Process
|Date / Time:
Questions continue to pour in on what’s changed—and what’s stayed the same—with the new “Smart” Form I-9 in editable PDF form:
“Smarter” doesn’t always mean simpler. There’s still plenty of guesswork involved for employers, so don’t gamble on getting compliance right when it comes to completing and correcting your I-9 forms. Attend our all-new webinar for valuable clarifications and compliance insights.
- Have the substantive requirements for completion changed at all?
- How do you correct mistakes made on past versions of the form?
- What documentation can you request from your workers?
- What do you do if you suspect that presented verification documents are invalid?
- What are the key differences between the old Form I-9 version and the new?
- Can you review documents via Skype or email for remote hires?
About Your Presenter:
- What you can and can’t ask applicants about employment verification documentation during the recruiting stage—and the types of discrimination claims you could be subjected to if you get it wrong
- The new Form I-9’s error-checking features
- Answers to common but tricky Form I-9 questions concerning SSNs, out-of-state driver’s licenses, temporary green cards, and more
- Tips for Form I-9 completion and the legally acceptable ways to verify worker documentation when you’re dealing with remote hires
- How to complete I-9s for new employees using automatically extended employment authorization documents (EADs)
- How to handle workers who may have temporary/expiring statuses
- The checklist to review to avoid hiring or employing anyone not authorized to work in the United States
Elaine C. Young, Esq.
Elaine Young is a member of Kirton McConkie’s International section. She advises a wide range of employers, including large multinationals and small businesses on the immigration, tax, and benefits aspects of cross-border employment. Her practice also includes helping employers understand and develop compliant I-9 and E-Verify practices. Ms. Young writes the HR Hero monthly Utah Employment Newsletter column and for the Federal Employment Law Insider on immigration matters and serves as editor of the Immigration chapter of BLR’s HR Guide to Employment Law.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in On-Demand version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR/SPHR Re-Certification|
All US States: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||BLR® is the leader in helping organizations, and their employees, reduce safety, environmental and employment compliance-related legal exposure, stay on the right side of law, and achieve their full potential. We offer best-in-class compliance product and services that includes news, information & analysis, best practice guidance, employee training and turn-key tools delivered in a wide range of formats from online applications, live events and websites to books, CD's, Video, Posters and newsletters geared to all sized organizations and industries.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
SMART I-9 recordkeeping, I-9 form completion, I-9 retention, I=9 correction, employment verification
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
Managing Emotions Under Pressure
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Dealing with Difficult People
Bring Our Training Courses To Your Location