Payroll Compliance Update: New Laws And Required Changes In 2017
|Date / Time:
||4/24/2017 / 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EST
A flurry of activity during the final year of the last administration, and the arrival of a new administration has created some uncertainty about payroll compliance rules. Further changes may be coming from the federal agencies and the U.S. Congress.
This webinar helps those responsible for payroll compliance to understand the changes that have already been made, and what may be on the horizon. It also explains step-by-step how to comply with the new rules governing the EEO-1 and I-9 forms.
Failing to keep up to date and legislative and regulatory changes that affect payroll compliance may expose employers to penalties and civil liability. This course is critical to ensuring that employers are up to date on important payroll compliance issues.
Affordable Care ActTLE
Revised EEO-1 and Summary Pay Data
- What Would Repeal Mean for Payroll?
- What Are the Replacement Options?
- Notable State Law Developments
The New I-9 Form: Do the Changes Matter?Status of the Overtime Regulations
- Who Must File?
- What Is the Deadline?
- What Information Must Be Reported?
About The Presenter
- What Changes Did the 2016 Amendments Make?
- What Is the Status of the Court Challenge?
- What Proposals Are Pending in Congress?
Calvin R. House, Esq.
- Partner in the Pasadena, California law firm of Gutierrez, Preciado & House, LLP, where he defends and counsels employers on employment law matters
- Tried scores of employment cases to federal and state juries and judges, and administrative tribunals
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on such employment law topics, as wage and hour requirements, mandatory leave statutes, reasonable accommodation of disabilities, discrimination, harassment and wrongful termination
- Member of the prestigious American Board of Trial Advocates, and has achieved the highest rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Previously practiced at Cravath, Swaine & Moore in New York, and in the Los Angeles office of what is now Norton Rose Fulbright
- J.D. and B.A. degrees, Columbia University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
Managing Emotions Under Pressure
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program