Managing Benefit Options For Part-Time, Seasonal And Hourly Employees
|Date / Time:
||5/11/2017 / 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EST
Employers can benefit greatly from the use of part-time, seasonal and hourly employees. However, complying with the Affordable Care Act, the Internal Revenue Code, ERISA, and other federal and state laws as they relate to employee benefits requires a substantial investment of time, money and energy.
The Affordable Care Act in particular is still the law of the land, and likely will be for at least the near-term, making ongoing compliance with the employer mandate imperative.
While the legal landscape has not changed dramatically for qualified retirement plans recently, employers must still navigate their ongoing compliance burdens carefully.
This webinar will cover the current state of federal and state regulation of health and retirement benefits for employees in clear, practical terms that will provide employers the tools they need to avoid compliance problems and consider opportunities in the development and ongoing administration of the benefits they offer employees.
Affordable Care Act: Still Relevant, Still Complex
Retirement Plans: The Song Remains the Same
- A Word About Repeal, Replace, or Fix
- Determining "Applicable Large Employer" Status
- Determining Who Is Entitled to Coverage
- Planning Opportunities
Other Benefits Considerations: A Potpourri of Potholes
- Age and Service Requirements
- Controlled Group Rules and Classification of Employees
- Navigating Nondiscrimination Rules
About The Presenter
- Compliance With Other Federal Laws
- Compliance With State Laws
- Dealing With Temp Agencies and Other Service Providers
Douglas Dormire Powers
- Partner in the law firm of Beckman Lawson, LLP, in Fort Wayne, Indiana
- More than 25 years of private practice experience following three successive federal judicial clerkships. Since 1995, he has focused his practice on employee benefits compliance and litigation
- Has counseled clients on a variety of benefits compliance issues, including fee-for-service plan design consulting, Affordable Care Act compliance, EPCRS applications, Voluntary Fiduciary Compliance Program applications, HIPAA Privacy Rule compliance, COBRA compliance, and QDRO compliance
- Also litigated a wide range of benefits-related cases in state and federal court, including breach of fiduciary duty claims, claims for benefits, collectively bargained benefits, and reinsurance coverage issues for self-funded health plans
- Immediate past president of the Great Lakes Employee Plans/Exempt Organizations Council, one of five regional councils that regularly consult with the IRS and DOL on regulatory issues and developments
- Frequent speaker and wrote on a wide range of benefits issues
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
Managing Emotions Under Pressure
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program