The New Supervisor's Survival Kit
Congratulations! You're the new supervisor! Or, perhaps you've been in a supervisory position for some time now and want to sharpen your supervisory skills. This "nuts-and-bolts" webinar is crammed with dozens of "field tested" techniques to put you on the path to supervisory success You will gain new insight, practical pointers, and terrific tips for handling even the most difficult supervisory issues.Covered Topics:
- Overcoming initial fears and concerns about your new role
- Making the transition from "buddy to boss"
- The five crucial things to say right away
- How to handle the situation if your authority is questioned
- Seven steps to gain instant supervisory success
- The top five "New Supervisor To-Do's" and "Not To-Do's"
- Effective strategies for managing people who are friends
- A game plan for managing those who wanted your job
- Ways to manage employees who are older than you
- Methods for dealing with passive-aggressive employees
- Ways to effectively handle "office pests" and employees who require excessive hand-holding
- A tool-kit of "first-line" supervisory skills, including communication essentials, giving and receiving effective feedback, issuing orders, and "planting" ideas
- Setting achievable and understandable expectations for those you supervise
- Ways to guide your staff to provide excellent customer service, including techniques for dealing with difficult customers/members
Who Should Attend
Teller supervisors, assistant managers, branch managers, operations managers, assistant vice presidents, human resources personnel-anyone in a supervisory capacity.The Presenter
Margaret DeMarino is a corporate trainer, specializing in the area of written and verbal communication, supervisory skills, administrative training, and customer service. Known for her functional webinars and workshops filled with practical pointers, Ms. DeMarino offers workshops and webinars to a wide range of clients including, banks and financial institutions, manufacturing companies, state and federal government agencies, and others. Ms. DeMarino holds a B.A. in Communication Arts from the University of Dayton and was a Fellow of the Yale-New Haven Teachers Institute at Yale University. She also currently free-lances for the Hartford Courant.
|About The Provider:
||Since 1983 Total Training Solutions has produced dozens of videotapes, CD-Roms, DVD's and web-based training modules. In addition to off-the-shelf products, Total Training Solutions also develops custom training products and consults with financial institutions to develop their own training curriculum.
For timely delivery of training topics, webinars or web conferencing is an unbeatable option. We now offer over 100 live programs per year and you can even purchase the recorded or ondemand session if you are unable to attend the live program.
We have worked exclusively with the financial industry since our founding. Because of this, we understand the needs of training departments in financial institutions and are alert to changes which affect the industry.
Attend the live session with the opportunity to ask questions to the presenter. You also receive a link to the handouts. All registrations for a live event will be given access to the OnDemand recording, at no additional cost, for seven days following the event. This will allow a flexible alternative when last minute conflicts intrude on scheduled events.
CD-Rom includes audio and video of recorded webinar plus hard copy handouts. You will also receive 6 months access to the OnDemand weblink as an added free bonus.
Includes a weblink for unlimited viewing for 6 months after the date of the webinar as well as a link to handouts.
Live + Recorded:
Includes all three options above. Live session, OnDemand Weblink, and CD-Rom plus Hardcopy Handouts.
Live + OnDemand:
Includes two of the options above. Live session and 6 months access to OnDemand Weblink plus link to handouts.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Webcast|
|There currently are no scheduled dates for this webcast. Please click here to search for another course.||
Reasonable Accommodation - Impairment
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Write Clear, Concise, And Compliant Job Descriptions
Garnishments, Child Support Orders and Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Drive HR Strategy
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Dealing with Difficult People
HR′s Guide To Medical Marijuana In The Workplace
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Creative - And Free - Ways To Use LinkedIn As A Recruiting Tool
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
IRS Rules For Work Visas
How to Supervise People Seminar
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
The Essentials Of HR Law