Paying employees for their travel time—and dealing with subsequent reimbursements and deductions—is one of the most confusing parts of HR and payroll administration.
Must you pay hourly employees for … a cab to the airport? … a drive to a second worksite? … a flight to a conference?
What's considered bona fide travel by the IRS?
When is your reimbursement payment for employees' airfare, car and hotel no longer considered an allowable travel expense … but instead considered a "commute" (taxable wages)?
Travel Pay: When to Pay It, How to Pay It, and How to Tax It — a new webinar from the publishers of Payroll Legal Alert and the Payroll Compliance Handbook — explains IRS and DOL rules regarding what is considered "travel time" versus "commuting time," plus what is an allowable expense versus taxable wages.
Mindy Harada, an employment tax expert and frequent speaker on this topic, will explain which workers are entitled to travel time pay and at what rate. She will explain the tracking and paperwork necessary to compensate the traveling employee correctly.
Join us to discover:
- When to pay nonexempt employees for their time spent traveling to and from company activities—and at the activity itself.
- What does the IRS consider bona fide travel? (Mindy will address the rules for mileage, airfare, hotel and car rental.)
- How quickly receipts must legally be provided by an employee, and how often expense reports must be submitted.
- What's considered a wage or a taxable commuting benefit.
- hat's unpaid "commuting" time … and what are the IRS guidelines regarding commuting costs?
- Common pay- and FLSA-related problems that arise with employee travel, such as meals during travel.
- Plus answers to YOUR travel-pay questions during our interactive Q&A session.
Don't get caught in an FLSA lawsuit or an audit of your employees' travel expenses! Either one could be a huge expense and black mark on your record. Discover the proper steps NOW to pay and reimburse employees correctly for travel.
FREE Bonus. Our first 50 registrants will receive our popular Instant Executive Briefings on five of today's most important compensation topics. See the right column.
Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed. If, after attending, you decide that Travel Pay: When to Pay It, How to Pay It, and How to Tax It isn't all we've promised AND MORE, we will immediately refund 100% of your tuition. No hassles, no questions asked – and your Instant Executive Briefings are yours to keep. It's that simple.