Can We Count on You? How to Excel on the Job!
Most of us want to be good employees - and most of us want to excel at our jobs. To be a highly successful employee and excel at work is not simply a matter of being good at what you do. Excelling involves issues such as professionalism, attitude, and teamwork - all of that and plenty more will be covered in this fast-paced webinar.
What is the payoff for you? The most significant earning asset you have is sitting in your chair. Invest in excelling on the job, it's your livelihood, your future and is your most important investment.What We Will Cover
A Dozen Ways on how you can build both an impressive resume and reputation.
- Learn how to perform your job well. The goal is to shine in what you do!
- Work hard. Act on the job the way you would want someone you hired for your business to act.
- Act professionally. What you wear, what you say, how you act all count.
- Express positive attitude. Maintain an attitude that wears well on you and with others.
- Take initiative. Look for new challenges and ways to improve the work responsibilities you have...do not confuse taking initiative with knowing it all.
- Be a good team player. Assess yourself as a team player and ask for feedback from others to get a real picture of what kind of team player you are.
- Know your boss. You don't have to pick them for a friend but you know best how they think, what they expect and how to anticipate what you need to deliver. When in doubt, ask.
- Understand your employer. Know all you can about the company. Use a search engine, read the annual report, ask questions, knowledge is power.
- Welcome feedback. You need feedback about both what you are doing that meets expectations as well as what you are doing that falls short. Learn the art of receiving feedback so you can excel at what you do.
- Cultivate relationships. One of the true benefits of the workplace is having friends on the job. Pick them wisely.
- Be part of the solution. It's easy to be a grouch and complain. Instead, when possible, strive to be a problem-solver. Problem-solvers are an invaluable commodity.
- Avoid gossip. Don't be the hearer or the bearer of gossip. It will quickly devalue your reputation.
Who Should Attend
Any employee or manager who wants positive reinforcement and insight on how to build a well-deserved, shining reputation among co-workers and peers.The Presenter
Honey Shelton brings the best of both worlds to her speaking and training engagements. She has 25 years of experience as a training and quality improvement consultant for banks and banking associations across the country. Her banking background includes spending three years as Executive Vice President/Chief Retail Banking Officer with First Victoria National Bank.
Nationally recognized as an outstanding speaker, over a half million bankers have participated in programs Honey has presented. Her depth of knowledge, enthusiasm, and compelling personality has left her lasting mark on InterAction Training, the firm she founded in 1983.
Honey continues in her own personal pursuit of excellence and is a member of the American Society of Training and Development (ASTD). Currently she is pursuing a self study program on Six Sigma. She has obtained certification in Reality Therapy from the William Glasser Institute as well as certification from the Training and Development Program at Texas A &M.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||CEU|
All US States: 2.5
All Canadian Provinces: 2.5
|About The Provider:
||Since 1983 Total Training Solutions has produced dozens of videotapes, CD-Roms, DVD's and web-based training modules. In addition to off-the-shelf products, Total Training Solutions also develops custom training products and consults with financial institutions to develop their own training curriculum.
For timely delivery of training topics, webinars or web conferencing is an unbeatable option. We now offer over 100 live programs per year and you can even purchase the recorded or ondemand session if you are unable to attend the live program.
We have worked exclusively with the financial industry since our founding. Because of this, we understand the needs of training departments in financial institutions and are alert to changes which affect the industry.
Attend the live session with the opportunity to ask questions to the presenter. You also receive a link to the handouts. All registrations for a live event will be given access to the OnDemand recording, at no additional cost, for seven days following the event. This will allow a flexible alternative when last minute conflicts intrude on scheduled events.
CD-Rom includes audio and video of recorded webinar plus hard copy handouts. You will also receive 6 months access to the OnDemand weblink as an added free bonus.
Includes a weblink for unlimited viewing for 6 months after the date of the webinar as well as a link to handouts.
Live + Recorded:
Includes all three options above. Live session, OnDemand Weblink, and CD-Rom plus Hardcopy Handouts.
Live + OnDemand:
Includes two of the options above. Live session and 6 months access to OnDemand Weblink plus link to handouts.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Webcast|
|Can We Count on You? How to Excel on the Job!||CD/On-Demand||$325.00||
HR For Beginners
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
HR′s Strategic Role In Team Building
21 Tips For Managing Employees Who Work Remotely
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
Inclement Weather Pay Policies
The 7 Traits Of A Successful HR Manager
Disability Discrimination And The Interactive Process
Is It FMLA Or The “Friday-Monday Leave Act”? How To Identify And Investigate Employees Who Are Gaming The System
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Retirement Plan Training Courses
Best Practices For Employee Giving Programs
Fundamentals Of An Employee Recognition Program
Curbing Unauthorized Overtime