Gossip, Rumors & Workplace Busybodies: How To Promote Positive Co-Worker Communication
When toxic talk infects an entire department, managers may be tempted to throw up their hands and just give in. They often feel powerless to counteract the damage caused by disparaging comments and persistent negativity, believing that "you can't change human nature."
But tolerating these harmful behaviors is definitely NOT the best solution.
To help you take back control, Business Management Daily is teaming up with workplace guru and syndicated columnist Marie McIntyre on a new webinar that will help you successfully defuse the negative impact of gossip, rumors, and workplace busybodies. Join us for How to Promote Positive Co-worker Communication.
You will learn:
You can also pose your questions directly to Marie McIntyre and get specific solutions to your problems. And because this is a webinar, there is no limit to the number of colleagues you can invite to sit in on this interactive event.
- The specific signs that your office has a problem with negative chatter
- How managers may inadvertently encourage negative behaviors
- The best way to deal with tattletales, drama queens, whiners, and bullies
- How you can make gossip and the grapevine work in your favor
- 6 rules for dealing with the problem of negative talkers
- When the rumor mill will always heat up and what to do about it
- The 7 topics that everyone should avoid at the office
- The importance of management communication during high-change periods
- How to stop discussing "attitude" and start focusing on behavior
- The power of high expectations, sincere praise, and clear consequences
- A simple roadmap for conducting an effective two-way coaching discussion
- Techniques to use when employees blame others or deny responsibility
- What to do when coaching doesn't work
- Conducting a "team turnaround” to involve your group in solving the problem
Imagine your office without tattletales, drama queens, whiners, and bullies. Join us to find out how to make that become a reality.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PACE|
All US States: 1.5
All Canadian Provinces: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||The HR Specialist family of products helps HR professionals quickly resolve their daily challenges. From state-specific employment law to compensation and benefits, our experts give you the HR advice you need to know.
Whether you're new to HR or an experienced pro - a department of one or 10 - you can trust the practical, plain-English advice from HR Specialist. We'll save you time and headaches by focusing on what you need to know, when you need to know it. That makes you the HR expert your company can rely on and gets you the recognition you deserve.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
gossip, staff, employees, morale, discipline, managing, management, negativity, communication
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Webcast|
|Gossip, Rumors & Workplace Busybodies: How To Promote Positive Co-Worker Communication||CD/On-Demand||$197.00||
Serious Complaint or Employee Drama?
Guidelines For Taxing Gifts, Awards, &Other Fringe Benefits
How To Supervise Employees Who Don′t Get Along
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
How To Stop Toxic Employees From Side-Tracking Your Company
Agile Basics For HR
Motivate Or Terminate
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Advanced Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
How To Coach Up Or Counsel Out Problem Employees
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Certificate In Essentials Of Human Resource Management Seminar
Certificate In Employee Relations Law Seminar