Presentations Steve Jobs Style
When you give a presentation, you face at least two hurdles.
First, you need to sell yourself as a credible spokesperson on your topic. Audiences need to believe in you—and that's hard enough.
Second, you need to sell your ideas so that people come away inspired, persuaded and enlightened.
Steve Jobs did both—with incredible skill. Widely considered one of the most gifted presenters ever, Jobs understood how to deliver memorable speeches in a seemingly effortless, engaging manner. His conversational tone, simple yet compelling word choice and masterful use of slides and other props helped reinforce his message in winning ways.
Join us for Presentations Steve Jobs Style. In this new webinar, Morey Stettner will give you the step-by-step guidance to prepare and deliver presentations that borrow many of Steve Jobs' favorite techniques.
Whether you're addressing non-techies, impatient CEOs or employees, you'll learn how to develop key skills, including how to:
This webinar is designed for business executives, managers, meeting leaders and individuals who want to differentiate themselves and achieve more consistent results in their formal and informal presentations.
- Integrate Aristotle's "Big Three"—logos/ethos/pathos—to win over audiences. Learn how to blend logic, credibility and emotion to enliven your remarks.
- Convey big ideas or central themes via multiple channels. From audience giveaways to props to slides, apply the Steve Jobs approach and align all available tools to drive home key points so that people cannot help but remember them—and buy into them!
- Think in threes. To explain complex processes (from chemical reactions to financial formulas), learn to cluster your main points in threes. Your audiences will thank you!
- Use bluntness and directness. Rather than drop hints or dance around controversial positions, follow Steve Jobs' example and state your case boldly and succinctly.
- Embrace simple language. If you need to explain complex ideas, you must speak in complex terms. Right? Well, Steve Jobs was a master at communicating complicated concepts in unmistakably clear words. Develop tools to translate your speech into plain English that's compelling and hard for anyone—of any background or educational level—to ignore.
- Start staff meetings with an edge. Steve Jobs did not begin staff meetings with touchy-feely happy talk. Instead, he often provoked people or expressed disappointment in some aspect of the team's performance. But by the end of the meeting, everyone left in a positive frame of mind—inspired and validated. Find out how Jobs pulled that off.
Discover the practical tips and techniques to grab your audience's attention … HOLD it … and communicate your ideas with clarity.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PACE|
All US States: 1.5
All Canadian Provinces: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||The HR Specialist family of products helps HR professionals quickly resolve their daily challenges. From state-specific employment law to compensation and benefits, our experts give you the HR advice you need to know.
Whether you're new to HR or an experienced pro - a department of one or 10 - you can trust the practical, plain-English advice from HR Specialist. We'll save you time and headaches by focusing on what you need to know, when you need to know it. That makes you the HR expert your company can rely on and gets you the recognition you deserve.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
presentations, leadership, reports, PowerPoint, speaking, lecturing, meetings
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Webcast|
|Presentations Steve Jobs Style||CD/On-Demand||$197.00||
How To Communicate Assertively To Exude Confidence And Competence
Year End Legislative &Tax Changes In Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
PTO Plan Or Traditional Vacation And Sick Time? The Pros and Cons Of A Paid-Time-Off Plan
Motivate Or Terminate
Workplace Investigations 101: The Basics For Conducting Workplace Investigations
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Agile Basics For HR
Employee Handbooks: 2017 Issues
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
The Essentials Of HR Law
How To Change The Perception Of The HR Department
FMLA Training &Certification Program
Certified Payroll Manager
Fundamentals Of Form W-2 &Form W-4 Processing