Coaching Skills For Managers & Supervisors
According to a Conference Board survey, 63% of organizations use some form of internal coaching, and half of the rest plan to. Yet coaching is a small part of the job description for most managers. Nearly half spend less than 10% of their time coaching others.
Every job is actually performed by two people – the employee who is paid to accomplish results and the manager who is paid to ensure that this happens.
So when staff members become unproductive, unmotivated, or disruptive, a manager's first thought should be, "How do I get things back on track?" The answer to that question almost always involves coaching.
Join us for Coaching Skills for Managers & Supervisors and you will learn when coaching is needed and why managers sometimes avoid these conversations. You will also be given specific strategies for conducting a successful coaching discussion, dealing with difficult employees, and following up to ensure success. Finally, we will consider what to do when coaching doesn't work.
The program will include the following topics:
In every management job, coaching challenges occur on a regular basis. New employees confront learning curves, seasoned staff members tackle unfamiliar tasks, and difficult employees create workplace problems. But since no one is born knowing how to be a coach, managers must learn the specific skills and techniques required to handle these situations effectively.
- The 5 most common coaching roadblocks
- Quick Quiz: What are your personal barriers to coaching?
- Understanding and using the performance distribution curve
- Why "wimpy managers" aren't really managers at all
- 7 specific causes of employee performance issues
- 5 coaching challenges: Newbies, Androids, Power Grabbers, Clingers, & Divas
- "Management presence": the key ingredient for coaching success
- The difference between developmental coaching & remedial coaching
- How managers sometimes contribute to performance problems
- Improving employee performance by shifting your leadership style
- The 10-step formula for an effective coaching discussion
- How to engage an employee in the coaching process
- Managing employee diversions: keeping the coaching discussion on track
- Following up: the secret to coaching success
- When to employ corrective action instead of coaching
- When coaching doesn't work: Slackers, Square Pegs, & Poisonous People
Join us to find out all the secrets to effectively coaching others to improved performance.
|About The Provider:
||The HR Specialist family of products helps HR professionals quickly resolve their daily challenges. From state-specific employment law to compensation and benefits, our experts give you the HR advice you need to know.
Whether you're new to HR or an experienced pro - a department of one or 10 - you can trust the practical, plain-English advice from HR Specialist. We'll save you time and headaches by focusing on what you need to know, when you need to know it. That makes you the HR expert your company can rely on and gets you the recognition you deserve.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
coaching, managing, management, supervision, staff, performance, employees
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Webcast|
|There currently are no scheduled dates for this webcast. Please click here to search for another course.||
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Payroll Issues For Deceased Employees
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Dealing with Difficult People
Bring Our Training Courses To Your Location