Pregnancy-Related HR Issues: Bundles Of Joy, Bushels Of Paperwork & Legal Risks
These are two of the most legally risky words any supervisor or HR professional can hear—and a new Supreme Court decision has made pregnancy accomodations even more complex.
Pregnancies set into motion a complicated mix of responsibilities and risks for your organization. You can't afford to make even one mistake. AutoZone found that out the hard way recently—a jury slapped the company with a record $185 million in damages after an employee was demoted after giving birth and then fired.
- How must you accommodate the employee's new physical limitations?
- How should you handle leave requests?
- What about discipline and discharge issues?
- When can you require the employee to return?
Plus, a new U.S. Supreme Court ruling creates a new legal framework for when you must offer light-duty work to pregnant staff. This webinar will get you up to speed on the latest laws, court rulings and best practices for accommodating expectant and new parents.
Join us for Pregnancy-Related HR Issues: Bundles of Joy, Bushels of Paperwork & Legal Risks. You'll discover how to properly handle challenges such as:
Plus, get all your questions answered by an expert in the field, attorney Lara de Leon of Ogletree Deakins.
- How to navigate the array of laws and legal requirements — including the Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)—as well as recent federal agency activity regarding their enforcement.
- The type of pregnancy-related ailments (morning sickness, etc.) that are considered FMLA "serious conditions” or ADA "disabilities.”
- How to avoid pregnancy-bias claims during recruiting and hiring.
- What's a "reasonable” accommodation for pregnant employees and new mothers in light of the new Supreme Court decision?
- Real-world scenarios on sick leave, light-duty assignments and lactating employees that you can apply to your own workplace right away.
- The 6 best practices on pregnancy-related issues that will keep you out of court.
Now is a CRITICAL time to avoid mistakes with pregnant employees! The EEOC announced in its new Strategic Enforcement Plan that they're ramping up their focus on pregnancy discrimination. The EEOC recently filed a string of pregnancy discrimination lawsuits against employers … and there's no sign the agency is slowing down.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits|
All US States: 1.25
|About The Provider:
||The HR Specialist family of products helps HR professionals quickly resolve their daily challenges. From state-specific employment law to compensation and benefits, our experts give you the HR advice you need to know.
Whether you're new to HR or an experienced pro - a department of one or 10 - you can trust the practical, plain-English advice from HR Specialist. We'll save you time and headaches by focusing on what you need to know, when you need to know it. That makes you the HR expert your company can rely on and gets you the recognition you deserve.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
pregnancy, leave, FMLA, HR, legal, compliance, discrimination, benefits
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Webcast|
|There currently are no scheduled dates for this webcast. Please click here to search for another course.||
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
Managing Emotions Under Pressure
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Dealing with Difficult People
Bring Our Training Courses To Your Location