Inclement Weather Policies: Best Practices For HR And Payroll
Winter weather (and other weather emergencies) will force you to deal with tricky HR questions like:
Don't wait for a weather emergency to learn answers to questions like these. Now is the time to review your attendance and pay policies to make sure they cover all the bad-weather bases and comply with the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- If you close early due to bad weather, must you still pay employees (exempt and nonexempt) for the full day?
- What if they come in late or leave early — must they receive their full pay?
- Can you make them take vacation or other paid time off?
- If the office remains open, but employees can't make it in … can you dock their pay? What if they've exhausted their leave?
Important: This is NOT just a snow issue. Storms, power outages, fires, tornadoes and extreme heat can play havoc with your pay and attendance policies.
Join us for Inclement Weather Policies: Best HR and Payroll Practices. In just 75 minutes, you'll learn exactly what your inclement weather policy should say for maximum legal protection and flexibility.
This timely webinar, led by payroll expert Alice Gilman, Esq., the editor of Payroll Legal Alert, will teach you:
Plus, you'll be able to pose your weather-related questions to a true expert in payroll and legal matters.
- The three exceptions to the rule that exempts' pay can never be docked … and how those exceptions come into play when weather forces unplanned absences and closings.
- How to avoid the 5 most common overtime mistakes when bad weather affects nonexempts' working time.
- How paying double time to nonexempts can actually SAVE the company money in some cases.
- The ins and outs of an effective inclement weather policy, and how to deal with slackers who use bad weather as an excuse to come in late or take too much time off.
- An overview of disaster preparedness that can save the company a bundle in fines for nonpayment of wages.
Never be left wondering, "Are we doing it right?” Inclement Weather Policies will explain how to establish rock-solid, legally safe policies and practices.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits|
All US States: 1.25
|About The Provider:
||The HR Specialist family of products helps HR professionals quickly resolve their daily challenges. From state-specific employment law to compensation and benefits, our experts give you the HR advice you need to know.
Whether you're new to HR or an experienced pro - a department of one or 10 - you can trust the practical, plain-English advice from HR Specialist. We'll save you time and headaches by focusing on what you need to know, when you need to know it. That makes you the HR expert your company can rely on and gets you the recognition you deserve.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
weather, safety, HR, policies, emergency, disaster planning
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Webcast|
|Inclement Weather Policies: Best Practices For HR And Payroll||CD/On-Demand||$197.00||
Serious Complaint or Employee Drama?
Guidelines For Taxing Gifts, Awards, &Other Fringe Benefits
How To Supervise Employees Who Don′t Get Along
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Motivate Or Terminate
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Advanced Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
IRS Rules For Inpat &Expat Payroll
Paycheck Fundamentals Training &Certification Program
What To Do When Applicants Or Employees Have A Criminal History
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Certificate In Essentials Of Human Resource Management Seminar
How To Coach Up Or Counsel Out Problem Employees
Certificate In Employee Relations Law Seminar