Understanding The New ACA Reporting Requirements: New Forms, New Responsibilities
It's crunch time for health care information reporting. Is your organization ready?
The IRS just published an entirely new family of information returns—Form 1095-C, Form 1095-B, Form 1094-C and Form 1094-B—that you must file. Even worse: Penalties have more than doubled for filing incorrect information returns (including Forms 1095) … and it doesn't even matter that this is the first time you're filing these forms!
Join your peers for a complete primer on the new health care information reporting rules. Learn the step-by-step requirements for completing each form correctly the first time, so you can avoid costly penalties.
These IRS reporting requirements are the single most important addition to your year-end duties in a generation. But they've generated tons of confusion in the employer community:
Get answers to these questions—plus your specific ACA reporting questions—from a true payroll expert, attorney Alice Gilman, editor of Payroll Legal Alert.
- Who has to file these forms next year?
- Which form do we file—Form 1095-C or 1095-B?
- What are the deadlines?
- Must all employees be given the forms?
- What counts as an "offer of insurance”?
- Can we be penalized if an employee turns down our offer of health insurance?
- What's an authoritative transmittal?
- What happens if we don't have a dependent's Social Security number?
- What's a limited non-assessment period?
In addition to deciphering the complex reporting rules, this webinar will ensure you're in total compliance with the ACA in 2016, including the dreaded employer mandate. You'll discover:
It's crunch time for health care information reporting. But you don't have to be crunched. Learn how to get in compliance with the confusing ACA reporting rules so you can make this reporting a non-event in the future.
- How to tell whether the health coverage you offer is "affordable” and provides "minimum value”
- To whom offers of health coverage must be made
- Why it's crucial to get employees' waivers of coverage in writing
- How to track the data you'll need to complete the forms
- Which reporting regimen—the IRS has very generously given you three to choose from—will work best for you
- What you need to know about the affordability "safe harbors” that can help you avoid the employer mandate penalty
- When you must provide employees with their forms and when you must file with the IRS
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits|
All US States: 1.25
|About The Provider:
||The HR Specialist family of products helps HR professionals quickly resolve their daily challenges. From state-specific employment law to compensation and benefits, our experts give you the HR advice you need to know.
Whether you're new to HR or an experienced pro - a department of one or 10 - you can trust the practical, plain-English advice from HR Specialist. We'll save you time and headaches by focusing on what you need to know, when you need to know it. That makes you the HR expert your company can rely on and gets you the recognition you deserve.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Webcast|
|Understanding The New ACA Reporting Requirements: New Forms, New Responsibilities||CD/On-Demand||$197.00||
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
Visa (Non-Immigration) For Payroll Professionals
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Service Animals In The Workplace: What You Need To Know
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Communicate With Tact And Professionalism
Dealing with Difficult People
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
How to Supervise People Seminar