Payroll Update 2016: New Paperwork, New Laws, And Required Changes
Happy New (Payroll) Year! Just days into 2016 and you're already facing pressures bearing down on your payroll operations. Are you ready to meet them? For example:
- You're not done with tax year 2015 … yet. There are FUTA credit reductions to determine and budget for, the impact of tax extenders legislation to consider (including retroactive reinstatement of parity between mass transit benefits and parking benefits), and more.
- A new Congress means potent new challenges for Payroll. Major tax reform legislation is a priority for the incoming Congress. The last time the tax code was put up on the rack and overhauled—in 1986—Payroll bore the brunt.
- Immigration reform, new tax regulations, proposed paycard regulations and new labor regulations on FMLA leave and minimum wages for government contractors all affect your payroll operations.
Find out what you must do (and NOT do) this year to stay in compliance with federal and state payroll laws. Join payroll expert Alice Gilman, Esq., editor of Payroll Legal Alert and Payroll Compliance Handbook, for a brand-new webinar, Payroll Update 2016: New Paperwork, New Laws and Required Changes.
This timely new webinar will teach you:
- Important lessons from recent court decisions on payroll issues. (The IRS almost never loses a case!) Learn the 8 simple ways you can stay out of legal payroll trouble.
- How to cope with the IRS's Payroll National Research Project—those intensive line-by-line payroll audits that have already hit 6,000 employers. Learn what the IRS is looking for and the 7 stress-reducing do's and don'ts to survive any audit.
- What payroll must do in the next few months to comply with the health care reform mandates for information reporting, which will hit almost all employers next January.
- The 6 essential steps to stay out of hot water if you're thinking about paying employees using paycards.
- Important compliance tips for 2016 on emerging payroll issues.
- And much, much more…
This 75-minute training session gives you practical, easy-to-understand solutions to the complex payroll issues you'll face throughout the year. Plus, you'll get answers to your specific questions during our interactive Q&A session with Alice.
Payroll mistakes can be costly… in terms of dollars and upper management's belief in the payroll department. Never again wonder "Am I doing it right?" Learn how to comply with confidence and avoid the IRS's heat.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits|
All US States: 1.25
|About The Provider:
||The HR Specialist family of products helps HR professionals quickly resolve their daily challenges. From state-specific employment law to compensation and benefits, our experts give you the HR advice you need to know.
Whether you're new to HR or an experienced pro - a department of one or 10 - you can trust the practical, plain-English advice from HR Specialist. We'll save you time and headaches by focusing on what you need to know, when you need to know it. That makes you the HR expert your company can rely on and gets you the recognition you deserve.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Webcast|
|Payroll Update 2016: New Paperwork, New Laws, And Required Changes||CD/On-Demand||$0.00||
Reasonable Accommodation - Impairment
Garnishments, Child Support Orders and Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Write Clear, Concise, And Compliant Job Descriptions
How To Drive HR Strategy
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Background Checks And Safe Hiring: Trends, Legal Developments, And Best Practices
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Creative - And Free - Ways To Use LinkedIn As A Recruiting Tool
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
HR′s Guide To Medical Marijuana In The Workplace
How To Properly Complete A Form I-9
Basics Of OSHA Recordkeeping
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
IRS Rules For Work Visas