Excel Troubleshooting: How To Uncover Errors, Protect Key Formulas, And Improve The Accuracy Of Your Excel Spreadsheets
In this illuminating webcast, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, demonstrates techniques you can use to audit and verify the integrity of even the most complicated Excel workbooks.
By attending, you will learn how to verify sums and totals, use the Watch window to monitor changes to your spreadsheets, discover how using range names can minimize errors, and much more.
By attending this training session, you will learn how to:
About Your Speaker:
- Audit all named cells in a workbook with ease by way of the INDIRECT function in all versions of Excel, and the FORMULATEXT function in Excel 2013 and later
- Bring Excel’s green error-checking prompts under control by managing the underlying rules
- Go behind the scenes in a workbook to check for worksheets that can’t be viewed or hidden from Excel’s primary user interface
- Go beyond simply adding cell comments: easily hide, display, and locate all cells that contain comments
- Identify duplicates in a list using Conditional Formatting
- Learn how range names minimize errors, save time in Excel, serve as navigation aids, and store information in a hidden location
- Learn how to trace dependents and precedents, both with Excel features and keyboard shortcuts
- Learn techniques for accessing password-protected workbooks
- Learn the risks of linked workbooks, determine if a workbook contains links, and see how links can hide within Excel features
- Learn two ways to instantly display all formulas within a worksheet
- Move through formulas in slow motion with the Evaluate Formula feature
- Print a list of all cell comments on a worksheet or print visible comments
- Simplify formula auditing by way of the Apply Names feature
- Use the N function to annotate formulas within the Formula bar when a cell comment won’t suffice
- Use the Watch Window to easily monitor the ramifications of even minor changes to your workbooks
- Verify sums and totals quickly by simply selecting cells with your mouse
- Verify that a pivot table is actually referencing all the data you’re expecting to be summarized
- Identify if a file has links to other workbooks and remove unwanted links
- Apply Excel tools and techniques that allow you to evaluate portions of formulas or entire formulas
- Apply effective and efficient auditing techniques when working in Excel spreadsheets created by others
David Ringstrom, CPA, is the Tech Editor-at-Large for AccountingWEB and Going Concern. David speaks at conferences nationally and presents dozens of webinars annually on Excel and other topics. He offers Excel training and consulting services nationwide, and has written numerous articles on spreadsheets.
Other Excel Topics
This course is just one of several Excel training courses we offer as part of our Excel training line. Go to www.CPATrainingCenter.com/Excel-Training-For-Accountants.asp to see the full list of Excel training courses.
|About The Provider:
||The Industry Calendar creates and sells webinars, audio conferences, and seminars for busy business professionals.
We've done the work of listing the important, don't-miss events in one convenient location so you can quickly and easily view and register for upcoming events. Simply click on a course title or search by specific industry to get started!
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Webcast|
|There currently are no scheduled dates for this webcast. Please click here to search for another course.||
How To Properly Complete A Form I-9
Workplace Investigations 101: The Basics For Conducting Workplace Investigations
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Employee Handbook Updates for 2017: How To Ensure Legal Compliance And Avoid Liability
PTO Plan Or Traditional Vacation And Sick Time? The Pros and Cons Of A Paid-Time-Off Plan
Pre-Employment Screening: Can I Ask That Question?
Agile Basics For HR
Strategic HR Basics: A Practical Approach To Working More Strategically In HR
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Basics Of Affirmative Action Planning
How To Identify And Investigate Claims Of Bullying
How To Change The Perception Of The HR Department
The Essentials Of HR Law
FMLA Training &Certification Program
ADA Training &Certification Program