FMLA Intermittent Leave: Compliance Workshop
Confused about how to manage employee requests for unscheduled, intermittent FMLA leave? Feel taken advantage of by employees who've learned to game the so-called "Friday-Monday Leave Act”?
Some of HR's most thorny, legally risky situations involve employees' use (and abuse) of FMLA leave taken in small bites. The amount of detail and timing necessary to administer these leaves can cause even the most seasoned HR professionals to scratch their heads.
Find out how to prevent and correct FMLA compliance problems and effectively manage all types of FMLA intermittent leave issues. In just 75 minutes, this must-attend webinar will teach you how to:
Employees are becoming well versed in the FMLA game … and you're paying the price. While the FMLA gives workers the right to short, unscheduled leaves, it doesn't give them unfettered ability to take random days off or arrive late without a good excuse. It's up to you to know the law—and your CEO will expect it.
- Identify, evaluate and resolve issues related to administering intermittent FMLA leaves
- Confidently handle any intermittent FMLA question thrown at you
- Correctly use the tools employers have available to address unscheduled and intermittent leaves (certifications, call-in rules, attendance procedures and more)
- Manage the practical FMLA intermittent issues, not just the legal ones (Find out not just what the FMLA says for these situations, but what it means)
- Leverage the power provided to employers in such situations (When you can clarify with a doctor the need for leave … and when you should get a second or third opinion)
- Learn lessons from important new FMLA court decisions. Previous rulings lay out a path for the best (and worst) paths to complying with intermittent-leave laws
- Understand 'real-world' FMLA scenarios. We'll hold a mirror up to HR and explain how to manage the real-world situations you face daily in administration of FMLA intermittent leaves
- Identify the key questions you should be asking each and every time an employee seeks leave … and get your questions answered by a true FMLA expert
Stop feeling powerless in the face of FMLA abusers and confusing FMLA rules. Our promise: By the end of this webinar, you will feel much more comfortable and confident applying the FMLA in your workplace.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits|
All US States: 1.25
|About The Provider:
||The HR Specialist family of products helps HR professionals quickly resolve their daily challenges. From state-specific employment law to compensation and benefits, our experts give you the HR advice you need to know.
Whether you're new to HR or an experienced pro - a department of one or 10 - you can trust the practical, plain-English advice from HR Specialist. We'll save you time and headaches by focusing on what you need to know, when you need to know it. That makes you the HR expert your company can rely on and gets you the recognition you deserve.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Webcast|
|There currently are no scheduled dates for this webcast. Please click here to search for another course.||
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
Managing Emotions Under Pressure
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Dealing with Difficult People
Bring Our Training Courses To Your Location