Employee Pay Workshop: Compliance Advice For 2016
Paying employees correctly is your most important — and legally risky — responsibility. Consider these questions:
Discover what you must do (and not do) to stay in compliance with federal and state pay laws in 2016. Join payroll expert Alice Gilman, Esq., the editor of Payroll Legal Alert, for Employee Pay Workshop: Compliance Advice for 2016.
- Can you eliminate paper paychecks and force employees into direct deposit?
- When is it illegal to set a use-it-or-lose-it policy on vacation time?
- What's the rule for delivering final paychecks for employees who quit, are fired or even those who die?
Important: This webinar is especially timely because state and federal regulators are taking a MUCH closer look these days at how you pay employees. Last year alone, the U.S. Department of Labor secured more than $250 million for employees in back pay. State regulators are racking up equally impressive hauls. Use this webinar as a checklist to make sure your pay policies are in total compliance with state and federal law. You will learn answers to questions like:
Even one payroll mistake can damage your standing in the office — and possibly your career. It's important to spot the holes in your employee pay compliance before the feds or state agencies do. Make sure you're up to speed on the latest employee pay laws and regulations.
- Can you make direct deposit mandatory? Discover what the federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and state payday laws say about mandatory direct deposit policies. Learn five simple ways to encourage employees to voluntarily sign up for direct deposit, plus the three key traps that will sabotage your goal of 100% electronic pay.
- When can you deduct pay for breakage, cash shortages and discipline? Discover the eight indispensable policy pointers to keep your company toeing the legal line when making loss-related deductions from employees' pay.
- How can you legally pay employees using paycards? Don't make the mistake of other employers and become lawsuit bait when paying workers via payroll debit cards. Learn the specifics of the Federal Reserve's Regulation E, and the six steps to keep you and your paycard program out of court.
- How (and how quickly) must you pay departing workers? Learn the ins and outs of termination pay, including step-by-step instructions on creating a voluntary termination pay workflow, and the nine dos and don'ts for involuntary terminations.
- When must you pay for sick days? Find out what the new state and municipal mandatory paid sick day laws require. Hint: Even the smallest employers aren't off the hook for mandatory sick days. Government contractors and subcontractors beware: The Obama Administration is proposing you give employees at least 7 days of sick leave a year.
- What's a "wage theft” law—and why should you care? Such laws place substantial burdens on employers and are the latest twist in state payday laws.
- Plus much more … and answers to your questions from a true payroll expert, attorney Alice Gilman.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits|
All US States: 1.25
|About The Provider:
||The HR Specialist family of products helps HR professionals quickly resolve their daily challenges. From state-specific employment law to compensation and benefits, our experts give you the HR advice you need to know.
Whether you're new to HR or an experienced pro - a department of one or 10 - you can trust the practical, plain-English advice from HR Specialist. We'll save you time and headaches by focusing on what you need to know, when you need to know it. That makes you the HR expert your company can rely on and gets you the recognition you deserve.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Webcast|
|Employee Pay Workshop: Compliance Advice For 2016||CD/On-Demand||$197.00||
Serious Complaint or Employee Drama?
How To Stop Toxic Employees From Side-Tracking Your Company
Guidelines For Taxing Gifts, Awards, &Other Fringe Benefits
How To Supervise Employees Who Don′t Get Along
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Agile Basics For HR
Motivate Or Terminate
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Advanced Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
How To Coach Up Or Counsel Out Problem Employees
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Certificate In Essentials Of Human Resource Management Seminar
Certificate In Employee Relations Law Seminar