Why do some employees always find a way to make it to work on time while others are chronically late or absent?
HR professionals understand the frustrations and high cost of employee absenteeism and tardiness, which not only costs the business time and money, but causes a whole host of other problems, such as lost productivity and bad will from your "good" employees.
But what have you done to determine and address the root causes - and how successful have you been?
For instance, does your organization have an attendance policy that sets standards that are communicated to all employees? Do you have - and follow - a corrective discipline policy for those who break the rules?
This audio conference offers you and your managers easy-to-use methods to confidently address some of the most challenging attendance problems. Highlights include how to:
- Quickly get to the root cause(s) of the tardiness and/or absenteeism
- Develop a strategic approach to the "start-of-the-workday" problem for managers and supervisors
- Support a work environment that doesn't pressure employees to come to work sick
- Conduct effective and fair return-to-work interviews, one of the best tools for managing absenteeism
- Ensure that every employee is aware of your tardiness and absenteeism policy
- Determine if job applicants have chronic attendance issues before you hire them
- Abide by legally protected reasons for absences, no matter how you feel about it
- What you can - and can't - ask for re documenting the absence
- Maintain an open door policy and address violators as soon as you identify patterns of abuse
- How to properly consult and document abusers...and more!
About Your Speaker:
Carol Hacker is a celebrated speaker and author who is nationally recognized as a "high-content presenter who motivates". Carol teaches her audiences how to build profitability through winning teams, productivity, employee competence, and a commitment to excellence.
As the author of over 400 published articles, 14 books, and scores of audio CDs, her conference attendees number in the hundreds of thousands. She presents more than 100 programs every year on recruiting, retention, leading a multigenerational workforce, team building, performance evaluation, motivation, change management and more.
PHR / SPHR Credits!
This program has been approved for 1.5 recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCI's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.