Updating Your Employment Application: Top 5 Issues You Need To Address Now
|Date / Time:
Job applications are among the most standard of employment-related forms. A good employment application provides employers with the first glimpse into a candidate's skills and qualifications.
Yet, many employers do not regularly take the time to review and update their employment applications. Outdated applications can be ineffective selection tools and can create risk by containing impermissible inquiries into an applicant's background.
This webinar addresses five key areas to enable organizations to develop effective and compliant job applications. Applications that contain outdated questions or incomplete information have faced increased scrutiny, and often lead to discrimination awards and possible class action exposure. This information is critical for employers so they can ensure compliance in this often overlooked area.
Ensure Appropriate Job Related Inquiries
- Reasons to Update
- When to Update
Potential Disability Issues
- Direct and Indirect Questions That Can Lead to Issues
Teeing up Pre-Employment Inquiries and Tests
- Essential Functions of the Job and Possible Accommodations
- Accommodations for the Interview Process
- Criminal or Credit History
- Medical Exams
Paper vs. Electronic
- Considerations for Inclusion
- Special Provisions for Enforceability
- Record Retention
About The Presenter
- Regularly Review and Revise
- Ensure Proper Use
Lara C. de Leon
- Shareholder in the Orange County, California office of Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of labor and employment law, including advice, counseling and litigation
- Conducts regular seminars on numerous topics on labor and employment law
- Wrote several publications related to the areas of labor and employment law
- Licensed to practice law in Texas and California; member of the State Bar of Texas and State Bar of California, Labor & Employment Law Sections; member of the Orange County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section; member of the American Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section
- J.D. degree, University of Houston Law Center; B.A. degree, University of Texas at Austin
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Payroll Issues For Deceased Employees
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Dealing with Difficult People
Bring Our Training Courses To Your Location