Workers' Compensation Settlements
|Date / Time:
This webinar will help you better understand current issues that impact a workers' compensation practice and common issues all attorneys and stakeholders face.
Reaching agreements, overcoming obstacles, and how the ACA and Medicare impact your case will be discussed. Learn how attorneys can overcome these hurdles and be zealous advocates for their clients.
Workers' Compensation: Settlements, Basics and Beyond
The Impact of the ACA on Workers' Compensation Settlements
- Proper Evaluation of Your Claim: Calculating the AWW, and TTD, TPD and PTD Exposures
- Dealing With Troublesome Clients From a Plaintiff and Defense Perspective
- Preparing for Settlement Negations and Mediation
- Thinking Outside the Box – Strategies for Case Settlement
- Properly Drafting the Stipulation for Settlement (and Employment Release)
Using Medicare Set-Asides in Your Workers' Compensation Settlement
- Understanding the ACA and Its Impact of Workers' Compensation
- Claim Shifting, Cost Shifting and Other Potential Impacts on Workers' Compensation
- Settlement Negotiation Strategies: Insurance Premiums, Out-Of-Pocket Expenses
About The Presenters
- Discussing the Issue of a MSA at the Time of Settlement
- Thinking of the MSA as a Contract
- Dealing With Settlement Delays and MSAs
- Educating Yourself and Others
- Attorney with MSP Compliance Solutions, LLC
- Legal practice experience in the areas of workers’ compensation, personal injury and Medicare compliance
- Health insurance professional and brings a passion to educating his peers
- Licensed to practice law in Minnesota since 2002, as well as Wisconsin starting in 2008
- In addition to working on highly regulated matters, has litigated countless cases and founded a compliance consulting firm where he helped numerous individuals from diverse backgrounds across the United States Passions also include assisting low-income persons via pro bono legal representation
- J.D. degree, William Mitchell College of Law; B.A. degree, St. Cloud State University
- Attorney at the Law Offices of Brian A. Meeker/State Auto/RTW Insurance Companies
- Been practicing law since 2001
- Primarily defended employers and insurers, but has also represented injured workers
- Named a Rising Star by Law & Politics; has also been an ethics investigator for the Board of Professional Responsibility
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Service Animals In The Workplace: What You Need To Know
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
Visa (Non-Immigration) For Payroll Professionals
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
How To Avoid Wrongful Termination Claims
Form I-9: Understanding The Anti-Discrimination Provisions Of The Law
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Dealing with Difficult People
How To Communicate With Tact And Professionalism
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts