About This Course:
If your employee handbook is still an actual book, you're living in the paper past.
Converting to a digital handbook will cut costs, make updating easier and – most importantly – erase many of the legal dangers associated with paper handbooks.
But e-handbooks involve more than just transferring written documents into a database. One wrong move can actually inject a host of new legal risks:
- Making the conversion
- Authorizing signatures
- Announcing changes
- Posting (public vs. private)
- Password management
- And more!
Discover the best practical and legally smart strategies with Electronic Employee Handbooks: Benefits, Risks and Opportunities
. Your trainer, attorney Anniken Davenport, has literally written the book on this subject, Bullet-Proof Your Employee Handbook
Plus, you'll learn about the potential legal time bombs lurking in the pages of your handbook.
Don't get caught off guard! This is where HR and technology collide – and your CEO will expect you to be up-to-date on the correct legal process. Join us to learn the practical, easy-to-understand tips for bringing your company policies into the digital age.What You'll Learn:
You'll discover everything you need to know about electronic handbooks, including:
- Why you need one
- The 3 things to fix in your current handbook BEFORE you make the conversion
- Step-by-step process for creating an electronic version – from the HR, management and IT perspectives
- Why you should keep the document behind a sign-in page (and exactly what that page should say)
- How to properly announce and distribute each new version
- Why you should include quizzes in your E-Handbook (plus, discover the 4-question quiz you should REQUIRE employees to take after receiving the handbook link)
- How to track and communicate changes
- What to do if employees have no computer access – or limited language skills
- Proper accessibility standards – especially for disabled employees
- Answers to all of YOUR questions about employee handbooks