Pay Grades and Job Value: How To Correctly Assemble All The Pieces Of The Compensation Puzzle
Webinar: ID# 1001065
About This Course:
Now is the time of year when companies typically start looking at pay ranges and contemplate re-ranking jobs, moving positions, reviewing internal equity, or adding variable pay systems into their total reward compensation mix.
Regardless of whether you want to reward performance, time, or knowledge, determining pay grades is the first step to an equitable, competitive compensation system. Without determining pay grades properly, it won't matter how good the salary survey data is: Compensation will either be too high or too low.
But proper determination of pay grades is often overlooked as many companies focus instead on salary survey data. Even if you have great data, the wage won't be right if you don't first determine the job's value to your organization.
Participate in this interactive webinar, and you'll learn:
- The laws that affect your compensation strategies
- What pay grades are, and the correct way to determine them
- How a salary structure is built
- When to pay above market - and the times it actually makes sense to pay below market
- The key ways that pay grades influence your performance/merit pay programs
- How pay grades interact with variable pay, and why this connection matters
- When you should consider conducting an internal equity review, and how to go about it
- Strategies for addressing pay discrepancies and inequities without opening yourself up to legal liability
- What to do if you discover pay discrepancies at your organization between men and women in similar positions
- Which employers are required to comply with Executive Order 11246 - and why they should get ready for increased anti-pay-bias enforcement efforts
- from the EEOC
- And much more!
About your presenter:
Teri Morning, MBA, MS, SPHR, SPHR-CA is the president of her own HR consulting firm. She has over 15 years' human resource and training experience in a variety of professional fields, including retail, distribution, architectural, engineering, consulting, manufacturing (union), public sector, and both profit and non-profit company structures. She has consulted with employers on their problems and trained managers and employees for more than 10 years, meeting and working with employees from all types of businesses. In addition to a MBA, Ms. Morning has a master's degree in Human Resource Development with a specialization in Conflict Management. She was certified by the State of Indiana in mediation skills, is qualified as a Myers-Briggs practitioner and holds the dual SHRM certification of a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) and Senior Professional in Human Resources – California (SPHR-CA).
In just 90 minutes, you'll learn how to properly compensate the various jobs at your organization - and how to remedy any discrepancies you uncover. Register now for this informative event for HR professionals.