About This Course:
Whether your next workers' comp claim is your 1st or your 101st, there are several things that can go wrong, causing both higher claims costs and unwanted headaches and wasted time, all from just not knowing - or applying - simple cost-saving best practices.
Often, what typically starts out as a small claim blossoms into significant exposure due to failure - or lack of knowledge - of the right steps and best practices for navigating a claim towards proper closure.
By attending this training session, you and your team will learn proper claims handling procedures that will save you time, money, and aggravation.What You'll Learn:
- The necessary information to pass along to your claims handling entity at the onset of a claim
- What information to share with and what to expect from management and supervisors to assist in the prompt closure of claims
- What communication, if any, to have with the injured worker
- What you can - and can't - say to an injured worker’s physician
- What to expect - and how to manage - your claims handling entity and your panel physicians
- The best way to adopt an integrated "team" approach to claims handling