About This Course:
When the time comes to handle a touchy employee issue...who do they call??? HR. But is HR properly trained?
Let's face it: most HR professionals have never had formal training in how to conduct investigations. Is the time to learn when suddenly faced with having to do an investigation?
Without acquiring the proper skills in how to handle allegations in the workplace - and investigate them effectively - employees may feel their complaints are not taken seriously internally.
Therefore, they take their complaints externally - to the EEOC, DOL, or to their attorney. Therefore, this is a must-attend audio conference for HR professionals that are responsible for employee relations.What You'll Learn:
- Learn the basics of how to gather a statement of complaint, identify witnesses, gather evidence, conduct witness interviews, and document investigative findings
- Identify the most common types of internal investigations
- Learn the legal obligations that require employers to conduct internal investigations
- Learn how to gather documentary and physical evidence prior to witness interviewing
- Learn how to establish a chain of custody and a confidential retention process
- Understand how to prepare questions for witness interviews and select appropriate interviewing locations
- Analyze physical, documentary, and testimonial evidence to identify policies and/or laws that have been violated
- Learn a standard format for documenting investigative findings
- Learn best practices in handling disciplinary action and terminations to avoid stepping on legal land mines