About This Course:
If your employee handbook is still an actual book, you're living in the paper past.
Converting to a digital handbook will cut costs, make updating easier and – most importantly – erase many of the legal dangers associated with paper handbooks.
But e-handbooks involve more than just transferring written documents into a database. One wrong move can actually inject a host of new legal risks:
- Making the conversion
- Authorizing signatures
- Announcing changes
- Posting (public vs. private)
- Password management
- And more!
Discover the best practical and legally smart strategies with Electronic Employee Handbooks: Benefits, Risks and Opportunities
. Your trainer, attorney Anniken Davenport, has literally written the book on this subject, Bullet-Proof Your Employee
In this fast-paced, 75-minute session, you'll discover everything you need to know about electronic handbooks, including:
- Why you need one
- The 3 things to fix in your current handbook BEFORE you make the conversion
- Step-by-step process for creating an electronic version – from the HR, management and IT perspectives
- Why you should keep the document behind a sign-in page (and exactly what that page should say)
- How to properly announce and distribute each new version
- Why you should include quizzes in your E-Handbook (Plus, discover the 4-question quiz you should REQUIRE employees to take after receiving the handbook link)
- How to track and communicate changes
- What to do if employees have no computer access – or limited language skills
- Proper accessibility standards – especially for disabled employees
- Answers to all of YOUR questions about employee handbooks
Don't get caught off guard! This is where HR and technology collide – and your CEO will expect you to be up-to-date on the correct legal process. Join us to learn the practical, easy-to-understand tips for bringing your company policies into the digital age.