Excel Explained: Creating Interactive Spreadsheets
When you attend this live presentation, you’ll learn from Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, how to implement multiple techniques to create spreadsheets that are interactive, accurate, and user friendly. He demonstrates how to use a variety of Excel’s form controls and features to control the data input of other users, simplify data entry, preserve key formulas, minimize spreadsheet maintenance, and more.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2016. He draws your attention to any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007 during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.Covered Topics:
- Limiting users to a single choice by way of Excel’s OptionButton form control.
- Using the ComboBox form control to create a searchable drop-down list.
- Using Excel’s Go to Special feature to easily select form controls you wish to remove en masse.
- Preserving key formulas using hide and protect features.
- Specifying a range of whole numbers that a user can enter in a worksheet cell.
- Creating an input rule that requires names to be entered in a last-name, first-name format.
- Streamlining data entry in Excel with the CheckBox form control.
- Creating an in-cell list by way of Excel’s Data Validation feature.
- Limiting the number of characters that a user can enter in a worksheet cell.
- Using form controls to simplify data entry as well as to control the input of other users.
- Restricting users to enter dates within a given range, or before/after a given date.
- Learning how the Table feature allows you to transform filtering tasks.
Who Should Attend
- Identify how to create spreadsheets that are interactive, accurate, and user friendly.
- Apply a variety of Excel features that will minimize spreadsheet maintenance.
- Recall how to use the form controls discussed in the presentation.
Practitioners who want to learn how to create user-friendly, interactive spreadsheets.The Presenter
David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is an author and nationally recognized instructor who teaches scores of webinars each year. His Excel courses are based on over 25 years of consulting and teaching experience. David's mantra is "Either you work Excel, or it works you," so he focuses on what he sees users don't, but should, know about Microsoft Excel. His goal is to empower you to use Excel more effectively.