Violence In The Workplace: Reducing Occurrences Aand Managing The Aftermath
Online Course: ID# 1001351
About This Course:
According to a survey by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, one million workers (18,000 a week) are victims of nonfatal workplace assaults each year, 20 workers are murdered each week, and homicides are the second-leading cause of death on the job, second only to motor vehicle crashes.
Workplace violence is becoming more and more common these days – disgruntled employees going on shooting sprees, estranged spouses attacking or killing one another, people with a grudge against an organization lashing out… Incidents like these cannot always be predicted, and are not 100% preventable. However, there are ways to significantly reduce acts of violence.
This course provides general information about violence in the workplace, outlines strategies for helping prevent violence, and recommends procedures to follow when a violent incident does occur.What You'll Learn:About This Course
How To Access Your Course
- Target Audience: Managers / Supervisors / Risk Management & HR Representatives / Security Professionals
- Time To Complete: 60-75 minutes
- Purpose:To help managers and supervisors understand why and how violence occurs in the workplace, to provide suggestions on preventing violence, and to recommend ways to handle violence when it occurs
- Forms Included
- Sample Violence in the Workplace Policy
- Violence Assessment Checklist
- Violence Prevention Checklist
An email with a link to access your course will be sent directly to you from Presenter/Provider by the next business day.