The following provides course information, as well as pricing, author, and educational credit information for the course you selected.
||When the time comes to handle a touchy employee issue...who do they call??? HR. But is HR properly trained?
Let's face it: most HR professionals have never had formal training in how to conduct investigations. Is the time to learn when suddenly faced with having to do an investigation?
Without acquiring the proper skills in how to handle allegations in the workplace - and investigate them effectively - employees may feel their complaints are not taken seriously internally.
Therefore, they take their complaints externally - to the EEOC, DOL, or to their attorney. Therefore, this is a must-attend audio conference for HR professionals that are responsible for employee relations.
About Your Speaker
- Learn the basics of how to gather a statement of complaint, identify witnesses, gather evidence, conduct witness interviews, and document investigative findings
- Identify the most common types of internal investigations
- Learn the legal obligations that require employers to conduct internal investigations
- Learn how to gather documentary and physical evidence prior to witness interviewing
- Learn how to establish a chain of custody and a confidential retention process
- Understand how to prepare questions for witness interviews and select appropriate interviewing locations
- Analyze physical, documentary, and testimonial evidence to identify policies and/or laws that have been violated
- Learn a standard format for documenting investigative findings
- Learn best practices in handling disciplinary action and terminations to avoid stepping on legal land mines
Natalie Ivey is President and CEO of Results Performance Consulting, Inc., a firm specializing in leadership and employee development training and continuing education programs for the HR profession.
Ms. Ivey is an author and a national public speaker with more than two decades of leadership and HR management experience with Fortune 500 organizations. She is a member of the Society for Human Resource Management and holds the Senior Professional in Human Resources certification (SPHR). Ms. Ivey is a nationally-known speaker on a variety of topics within the HR profession and is known for her "tell-it-like-it-is", direct approach to teaching HR education.
Ms. Ivey routinely works with individuals, small businesses, and larger corporations to address destructive leadership behaviors and organizational dysfunction. She designs customized training programs to help employers correct poor behaviors, minimize legal exposure, and improve performance and profitability.
PHR / SPHR Credits!
This program has been approved for 1.5 recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCIs criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:
||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits
All US States: 1.5
All Canadian Provinces: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||The Industry Calendar creates and sells audio conferences, webcasts, seminars, and other training courses for busy business professionals.
We've done the work of listing the important, don't-miss events in one convenient location so you can quickly and easily view and register for upcoming events. Simply click on a course title or search by specific industry to get started!
||Contact Us For More Information
Keywords For This Course: