|Sneak Peeks: Interactive Exercises:
Below is a sampling of just some of the types of interactive exercises you'll work on for your Certificate Program In FMLA, ADA, & GINA Compliance course.
Can you require workers who are particularly susceptible to COVID-19 (pregnant, over 65, etc.) to work from home?
- As a result of a workplace injury, Tom has a permanent knee impairment that causes him pain when he walks for extended periods. He can walk for ten miles at a time without discomfort, but he has pain in the eleventh mile. Does the knee impairment
substantially limit Tom's ability to walk?
- Jason has sickle cell anemia and frequently experiences severe back and joint pain. As a result of this disease, he sometimes cannot walk for more than a few hundred feet before he has to stop and rest. Is Jason substantially limited in his ability to
- For the past two months, Sally, an internal auditor, has done a third fewer audits than the average employee in her unit. She also has made numerous mistakes in assessing whether Acme Widget departments provided appropriate documentation for claimed
deductions. When questioned about her poor performance, Sally tells her supervisor that the medication she takes for her lupus makes her lethargic and unable to concentrate. What, if anything, can her supervisor ask about Sally's medical condition and
- Jose is a crane operator and works at Acme Widget construction sites hoisting concrete panels weighing several tons. A rigger on the ground helps Jose load the panels, and several other workers help him position them. During a break, Jose becomes
light-headed, has to sit down abruptly, and has some difficulty catching his breath. His supervisor asks, "Are you feeling all right?" and Jose responds that this has happened to him a few times during the past several months, but he does not know why.
What, if anything, should the supervisor do now?
- Is COVID-19 a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act?
- What are my organizationís obligations to provide Emergency FMLA and Emergency Paid Sick Leave?
- Can you require workers who are particularly susceptible to COVID-19 (pregnant, over 65, etc.) to work from home?