About This Course:
Executive taxation questions are a continuous struggle for organizations seeking ways to promote and keep key talent in their organizations.
Many organizations must determine the fine line of what is best/competitive/legal. For instance, should we give leadership/executive teams cars, tax planning, personal travel, or other fringe benefits versus just compensation?
Because of these complex issues, it has become critical for payroll professionals to understand special payment and or deductions that executive teams could be receiving – as well as the tax implications of such benefits.
This training session provides a detailed review of executive payments and/or deductions - plus the best methods to handle the taxation of such payments.What You'll Learn:
- Overview of company car and taxation methods
- Details of aircraft usage for personal reasons versus business
- Different types of reimbursements such as insurance premiums, personal travel, tax planning and preparation fees, etc.
- Relocation taxation and the distance test
- Review of stock options, incentive stock options, restricted stock, etc.
- Bonuses: how they should be taxed
- How deferred compensation plans work for executive
- Termination pay options for executives
- Year end reporting concerns - and what to watch out for