Developing Emotional Intelligence
|Find A Class Near You:
||View Dates And Locations For This Seminar
Boost your emotional intelligence...enhance your workplace relationships...and turbo-charge your career!
There′s a lot of buzz centered around emotional intelligence in the workplace right now, and with good reason. Cutting-edge research into emotional intelligence has shown that it plays a critical role in higher productivity, performance, and job satisfaction.
People who have a high level of emotional intelligence are more confident, more capable, and earn greater respect from their colleagues. They are also better able to stay calm, flexible, and focused when workplace crises hit and panic threatens to set in.
What Exactly Is "Emotional Intelligence"?
Quite simply, emotional intelligence is a set of competencies that enhance your ability to relate positively to others in the workplace. People with high emotional intelligence are adept at using empathy and constructive communication to create a collaborative, cooperative work environment.
They naturally relate well to others; are able to accomplish more through encouragement and persuasion; and excel at inspiring, guiding, and leading others to achieve their best work. As performers, they tend to be flexible, adaptive, self-motivated, and confident.
If you′re looking for a way to improve your relationships across your organization, understand how and why others behave the way they do, and achieve greater success in all your job-related endeavors, this seminar is one you don′t want to miss.
Unlike your IQ, which is set by the time you are a teenager, your emotional intelligence (EQ) can be improved upon throughout your lifetime. When you attend Developing Emotional Intelligence, you′ll gain the knowledge and skills you need to transform the way you interact with and respond to others.
You Will Discover How To:
- Evaluate your current level of emotional intelligence
- Identify your communication strengths and weaknesses
- Overcome personal beliefs that might be holding you back
- Understand how your emotions affect others — and how their emotions affect you
How Does Emotional Intelligence Correspond To Workplace Success?
Studies have shown that emotional intelligence can have a profound effect on a person′s ability to create more rewarding, collaborative, and satisfying workplace relationships.
This, in turn, leads to greater productivity, reduced stress and anxiety, higher levels of performance, and a greater sense of teamwork and camaraderie - all critical components of a successful, productive workplace.
When companies hire based on emotional intelligence competencies - like initiative, self-confidence, and leadership - turnover rates drop, productivity levels rise, and profits tend to increase.
Super-Effective For Team Environments!
Team dynamics depend on high levels of emotional intelligence, and what you learn here will give you the skills, tools, and strategies to help any team function more effectively.
You will learn to communicate more openly, deal constructively with resistance and disruptive team behavior, and understand the triggers that spark both positive and negative reactions. Whether you are a team leader or a team member, the skills you′ll master will make team meetings, projects and presentations, discussions, and collaboration that much easier.
The Definition of Intelligence
- How to define intelligence: What determines a high IQ?
- Key characteristics of emotional intelligence
Self-Awareness and Emotional Intelligence
- Your personal style and how it affects your relationships with others
- Extravert, introvert, thinker, feeler — where do you fall among these four commonly recognized personality traits?
- How do your preferences impact your effectiveness with other people?
- Self-awareness: the first key step in developing a higher EQ
- The Self-Assessment Checklist will help you determine your current emotional intelligence
- The undeniable benefits of improved emotional intelligence
- How to seek feedback to improve your self-awareness
Self-Control and Managing Emotions
- How your right brain and left brain work together - and against each other - to affect your emotional reactions
- Leadership and emotional intelligence: how they are related
- Beliefs and their incredible effect on your emotions and behaviors
- How to handle irrational thinking and overcome negative emotions
Attitude and Motivation
- Techniques to identify your opportunities to grow and move forward
- Attitude, ability, and motivation...how emotions affect them all
- How to use motivation to overcome the negative thoughts that hold us back
- Maslow′s Hierarchy of Needs Motivation Model: What′s affecting your aims and drives?
- Optimism and pessimism: the role they play in your successes and failures
- Attitude adjustment: How to change your attitude from negative to positive (it can be done!)
- Set SMART goals to develop professionally and personally
Social Competency: Enhance Your Ability to Understand and Influence Others
- The importance of empathy in communicating, understanding, listening, establishing rapport, and relationship building
- The role of establishing rapport in building relationships
- Are you politically aware? Political savvy and its place in your professional success
- Keys to communicating effectively with all types of personalities
- How to master the art of listening and hear what′s not being said
- Body language: How your nonverbal cues affect the message you′re trying to send — and how to interpret what others are saying with their body language
- How to adapt your voice to convey the message you really mean
- Ways to use EQ for team-building: competencies of high-performing teams and their members
- Dimensions of emotional intelligence: an action plan for the future
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||CEU|
All US States: 0.6
All US States: 6
HRCI Recertification Credits
All US States: 5.5
All US States: 6
|About The Provider:
||Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack, divisions of PARK University Enterprises, Inc., create one of the most respected international providers of professional seminars.
Since pioneering the one-day seminar in 1970 as Fred Pryor Seminars, our organization has built a reputation for high-quality, convenient, and practical business-skills training around the world, in every industry and sector.
Today, with more than 8 million satisfied customers, we continue to pride ourselves in providing the superior training you've come to expect from Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack. Our cutting-edge research and course development are designed to meet the adult learning needs of your employees and your organization.
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are your number one choices for training because we offer:
As we continue to grow, expand, and change to meet client and market needs, we always remember that every individual customer matters and that collectively, they are our most valuable assets. That's why our goal is the same today as it was 30 years ago — to provide the best choice in business skills training with maximum convenience to help you — our customer — achieve success!
- In-depth experience in the training industry
- Consistent and comprehensive course offerings
- High-energy and content-rich presentations
- Multiple training tools, including on-site training, on-line learning, seminars, and A/V products
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Seminar|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||SPRINGFIELD, MO||10/31/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||LEOMINSTER, MA||10/31/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||ROLLA, MO||11/1/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||WORCESTER, MA||11/1/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||BEND, OR||11/1/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||PROVIDENCE, RI||11/2/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||SALEM, OR||11/2/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||COLUMBIA, MO||11/2/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||PORTLAND, OR||11/3/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||CROMWELL, CT||11/3/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||ST. LOUIS, MO||11/3/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||TACOMA, WA||11/4/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||BLOOMINGTON, IL||11/4/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||SEATTLE, WA||11/7/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||OVERLAND PARK, KS||11/7/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||ANCHORAGE, AK||11/8/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||PRESQUE ISLE, ME||11/8/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||ST. JOSEPH, MO||11/8/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||TOPEKA, KS||11/9/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||BANGOR, ME||11/9/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||FAIRBANKS, AK||11/9/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||WICHITA, KS||11/10/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||PORTLAND, ME||11/10/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||WOBURN, MA||11/14/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||PENSACOLA, FL||11/14/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||TAUNTON, MA||11/15/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||MONTGOMERY, AL||11/15/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||BIRMINGHAM, AL||11/16/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||NORTH HAVEN, CT||11/16/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||SPRINGFIELD, MA||11/17/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||BURLINGTON, VT||11/18/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||HAGERSTOWN, MD||11/28/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||ANNAPOLIS, MD||11/29/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||BEAUMONT, TX||11/29/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||FREDERICKSBURG, VA||11/30/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||HOUSTON, TX||11/30/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||WACO, TX||12/1/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||RICHMOND, VA||12/1/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||AUSTIN, TX||12/2/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||NORFOLK, VA||12/2/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||COLUMBIA, MD||12/5/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||SAN ANTONIO, TX||12/5/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||CORPUS CHRISTI, TX||12/6/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||WASHINGTON, DC||12/6/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||MCALLEN, TX||12/7/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||FAIRFAX, VA||12/7/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||LYNCHBURG, VA||12/8/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||ROANOKE, VA||12/9/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||CHARLOTTE, NC||12/12/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||WILLIAMSPORT, PA||12/12/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||ASHEVILLE, NC||12/13/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||GREENSBURG, PA||12/13/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||GREENVILLE, SC||12/14/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||MORGANTOWN, WV||12/14/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||PITTSBURGH, PA||12/15/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||COLUMBIA, SC||12/15/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||CHARLESTON, SC||12/16/2016|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||TULSA, OK||1/9/2017|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||FORT WAYNE, IN||1/11/2017|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||GRAND RAPIDS, MI||1/12/2017|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||NASHVILLE, TN||1/13/2017|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||FRESNO, CA||1/17/2017|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||MONTEREY, CA||1/18/2017|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||BATON ROUGE, LA||1/20/2017|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||OAKLAND, CA||1/20/2017|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||FARGO, ND||1/23/2017|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||RENO, NV||1/23/2017|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||ST. CLOUD, MN||1/24/2017|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||SACRAMENTO, CA||1/24/2017|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||FORT WORTH, TX||1/24/2017|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||EAU CLAIRE, WI||1/25/2017|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||SAN FRANCISCO, CA||1/25/2017|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||LUBBOCK, TX||1/25/2017|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||SANTA ROSA, CA||1/26/2017|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||AMARILLO, TX||1/26/2017|
|Developing Emotional Intelligence||BLOOMINGTON, MN||1/26/2017||
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
HR′s Strategic Role In Team Building
21 Tips For Managing Employees Who Work Remotely
The 7 Traits Of A Successful HR Manager
Disability Discrimination And The Interactive Process
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
HR For Beginners
Inclement Weather Pay Policies
Is It FMLA Or The “Friday-Monday Leave Act”? How To Identify And Investigate Employees Who Are Gaming The System
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Curbing Unauthorized Overtime
Retirement Plan Training Courses
Best Practices For Employee Giving Programs
Fundamentals Of An Employee Recognition Program