Remote workers, aka virtual teams, have become a staple in the corporate world. The technology is here and it's never been easier to communicate and collaborate with people anywhere, any time.
Though remote work has yet to overtake the traditional office and 9-5 workday, it has already created a new subset of employees with their own habits, ideas, and expectations.
For managers, hiring remote employees comes with a specific set of challenges. Managing employees who are twenty feet away can be difficult enough, but staying connected with employees that work 1,000 miles away adds another dimension and level of stress.
For instance, if you are not in the same room or building with your employees, how sure are you that they are working to full capacity without your oversight? How confident are you in your remote leadership skills, abilities, and experience?
From the employee side, do you know how to proactively work with your virtual team to ensure that they don't feel isolated, left to fend for themselves, or spied on? More importantly, do you know HOW to maximize their performance, trust, and productivity?
By attending this action-packed presentation, you and your team will learn how to:
- Help remote workers overcome the inevitable isolation they sometimes feel working remotely
- Inspire good work and commitment and create trust, as well as help initiate a sense of belonging by including the new hire's manager in a face-to-face orientation when possible
- Schedule time for virtual "hallway chatter" to help establish personal connections and build a team mentality
- Address perceived problems early to avoid attrition by asking your new remote employees how they're doing and if there is anything they need
- Establish clear expectations and avoid the lack of direction that often sets employees up for failure
- Offer on-going feedback and stay on top of deliverables by reviewing work performed on time and within budget
- Hold all of your employees accountable and don't let the mind set of "out of sight, out of mind" creep into your management style
About Your Speaker
Carol Hacker is a celebrated speaker and author who is nationally recognized as a "high-content presenter who motivates". Carol teaches her audiences how to build profitability through winning teams, productivity, employee competence, and a commitment to excellence.
As the author of over 400 published articles, 14 books, and scores of audio CDs, her conference attendees number in the hundreds of thousands. She presents more than 100 programs every year on recruiting, retention, leading a multigenerational workforce, team building, performance evaluation, motivation, change management and more.
PHR / SPHR Credits!
This program has been approved for 1.5 recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCI's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.