Problem employees are lurking in every workplace…and wherever they are, you can be sure they're costing the organization plenty — in lowered morale, lost opportunities, and decreased productivity.
In fact, the price can be so high that it's foolish to try to overlook or brush aside the problem. If you supervise an employee who has behavior or attitude problems, you need to take action — now!
Gain The Tools You Need To Deal With Problem Employees...And Turn Them Around!
This dynamic seminar gives you answers to your toughest questions, quickly and clearly. You'll learn the smart methods that help you get control over the problem people who plague your workplace … without the resentment and anger that some outdated approaches can generate.
Best of all, you'll discover how to tailor an individual approach for each employee's unique situation — a custom strategy that greatly increases your chances of success!
Don't Let It Go On Even One More Day!
...without resolving to confront it — assertively and effectively! Enroll now, and you'll learn the management magic that can turn around the messiest situations...and find out what to do when you can't repair or reverse a performance problem.
From the first approach to the last resort, you'll equip yourself with the skills and knowledge you need to stop the negative effects of problem performers, bad attitudes, and unacceptable employee behavior. Don't waste another day — enroll today!
Bad Attitudes: What They Are, And How They Evolve:The Hallmarks And Causes Of Bad Attitudes And Unacceptable Employee Behavior
- Setting the bar: how to easily recognize a discrepancy between performance expectations and actual behavior.
- Rare or repeating? How to know if a problem is a one-time occurrence, or a chronic, disruptive behavior that demands your prompt attention!
- Backtracking from symptoms to causes: environmental factors that can lead to serious problems.
- Trouble brewing? How astute managers spot performance and behavior problems at the start.
- Are you part of the problem? Insightful self-analysis that gives you an unbiased view of your own role.
- How to pinpoint a difficult employee's effect on co-workers and the organization … and choose the appropriate course of action.
Taking Effective, Decisive Action:
How to manage conflict and counsel problem employees for improved performance
- Eliminating the obvious: how to ensure a skill deficiency or lack of resources isn't the source of trouble.
- The team-play technique: a way to involve problem employees in forging a solution and guarantee they buy into the plan.
- You set the pace: modeling a behavior standard that employees respect and imitate.
- Communicating despite conflict: smart ways to overcome anger, hostility, and other emotions that can arise during counseling.
- Personality conflict? How to deal with this often misunderstood problem, and forge a truce in the most bitter relationships.
- Coach or counsel? The difference between these two vital techniques, and when to use each.
Using Firm, Assertive Tactics:
How to discipline to correct performance problems
- Positive Intervention: how savvy managers use this technique to correct even complex performance issues.
- Step-by-step discipline: a formal, progressive process every manager should know, practice, and document … every single time.
- Can you handle it alone? 3 situations that always require outside intervention.
- Bad attitude … or simply strongly opinionated? How to know when someone crosses the line.
- Cover yourself! Specific documentation that legally protects you if your actions are questioned later.
- An airtight warning: essential elements every warning (verbal or written) should contain.
Taking the Last Resort:
How to safely terminate problem employees when all else fails
- When to keep trying, and when to give up: how to know when you've passed the point of no return
- Before blaming and finger-pointing: forcing employees to accept responsibility for the actions that trigger formal termination processes
- When immediate termination is warranted, and how to handle these explosive cases
- Softening the blow: how to terminate problem employees without sapping their dignity and self-respect
- A tough task: how to keep emotions in check and maintain your focus and professionalism when you must terminate
- Don't say this! Verbal termination mistakes that can land you in a lawyer's office.
Recovery and Rebuilding Strategies:
Forging ahead after change, upheaval, and problem-solving
- Managing the "survivors": how to prevent a termination from hurting the attitude and morale of co-workers.
- How to strengthen the self-respect and increase the value of your good performers … and avoid common traps that can harm their performance.
- The Open Communication model: how you can encourage higher morale and productivity with this tested and proven approach.
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
CPE certificates will be available 10 days after your event has ended.