About This Course:
When a company loses a member of its workforce it can be a tough time for both the family and the team. And while employers are concerned for the family, they must consider final wages, tax implications, legal documentation, and state laws governing final payments.
For instance, what would you do if the wife of a deceased employee requested the final funds be paid to her directly? Under some circumstances doing so might require you to pay them out a second time. Try explaining that to your boss!
This audio conference will give you the tools to handle this and other difficult situations when employees are deceased – all while protecting your company at the same time.What You'll Learn:
This training session gives you the tools to help you make sure that final payments are made in compliance with state and federal laws. By attending this training session you will learn:
- Tax implications, legal documentation, and state laws that needs to be considered when making final payments - and the pitfalls to watch out for
- To whom final payments can be made
- How to handle special payments such as stock and deferred comp
- Tips on how to put a policy in place for deceased employee payments
- Options to avoid having to pay duplicate earnings
- How to avoid penalties
- Tax withholding and reporting requirements