About This Course:
Dreaded year-end is approaching; the busiest time for the Payroll Department. And due to Tax Reform, this year’s changes will be more significant than in the past.
Now is the time to start planning and getting yourself organized so that the entire process will be smooth and stress free, and this training session will help!
This webinar will update payroll professionals on the new legislation that they need to be prepared for, as well as provide an overview on W-2 processing, reporting deadlines, and penalties. What You'll Learn:
During this session we will discuss the year end process from start to finish, including:
- Details of how to close the 2019 year to make sure your W-2's are correct and 941 reconciliation happens correctly
- Review box by box of the W-2 and how tax reform has changed W-2 reporting
- Calculating tax in 2020 - and what the new form W-4 tells us
- State specific W-2 reporting - and what you need to know
- W-2 Requirements
- Updated legislation to consider for W-2 and 2020
- State-by-state discussion of special W-2 considerations
- Year End and W-2 best Practices
- New year legislation activity and new fringe benefit limits
We'll also cover typical year end questions from employees - and how to head the common ones off at the pass to save time for your staff and yourself.