Change is a huge problem in today's global and fast-paced environment. Many organizations have laid off workers, and many of the remaining workers are worried not just about who their new boss is and how the new boss / new responsibilities will affect their jobs, but whether or not they will even have a job in the coming months.
Add in the fact that many of these people have seen their retirement plan valuations drop 40% or more, and you quickly get the picture of a stressed-out workforce that is probably spending chunks of time thinking about their personal situations instead of doing productive work!
While change can strike fear in the hearts of many, it must be managed proactively to keep your organization running smoothly. And that's where we can help!
This interactive audio conference teaches HR professionals how to manage change - without alienating employees who feel that no one is looking at the challenges from their perspectives!
You will learn how to:
- Develop an action plan for downsizing that makes the transition for those who are leaving as smooth as possible
- Communicate early and often but never prematurely, and what to say no matter the kind of change or the extent
- Address the issue of having to do more with less by supporting creative approaches to time management and cost cutting measures
- Learn how to lead a team of "survivors" after layoffs
- Learn the 6 steps toward getting employees to accept change starting with coaching the leaders on how to coach others
- Understand 8 reasons WHY change fails and how to avoid them
- How to avoid the 3 most common mistakes in managing workplace change
- Learn how to help your employees transition through the 5-step grieving process
About Your Speaker
Carol Hacker is a celebrated speaker and author who is nationally recognized as a "high-content presenter who motivates". Carol teaches her audiences how to build profitability through winning teams, productivity, employee competence, and a commitment to excellence.
As the author of over 400 published articles, 14 books, and scores of audio CDs, her conference attendees number in the hundreds of thousands. She presents more than 100 programs every year on recruiting, retention, leading a multigenerational workforce, team building, performance evaluation, motivation, change management and more.