Communication Skills for Women
||HILTON GARDEN INN
||1290 ARSENAL ST
WATERTOWN, NY 13601
|Starting Date / Time:
||3/20/2017 - '9:00 local time'
||View Other Cities And Dates
What makes you clam up, shut down, or fall apart?
Nearly all work involves interaction and communication with others. Clear, effective communication — between individuals, within teams, and among departments — is a vital part of any successful organization.
Developed specifically to meet the needs of today's working woman, this communication training offers valuable insights you can use to enhance you communication style while earning the respect and cooperation of others.
You'll learn to speak up with composure and confidence. We'll help you unearth self-defeating attitudes and replace them with positive expectations. You'lll get tips to help you deal with trembling hands, "butterflies," and other nervous symptoms.
This communication skills course provides targeted training in how to:
- Use the techniques of influence and persuasion to build productive and rewarding relationships with all kinds of people
- Control your emotions and stay composed and effective under pressure
- Overcome fears of public speaking and voice your opinions readily
- Handle high-stakes situations, mistakes, and crises with confidence
Spend a day looking at how you interact with others. At this communication skills course, you'll discover the simple yet profound changes you can make to add impact to your communication.
Do you cringe at the thought of speaking in front of others?
- Do you stifle your suggestions at department meetings, instead of impressing your colleagues with your intelligence and insight?
- Do you rush clumsily through your agenda during appointments with clients, rather than taking the time to showcase your hard work?
- Do you avoid making presentations at all costs, when you could be wowing people with your knowledge and professionalism?
If so, you're passing up golden opportunities to highlight your dedication and expertise. Attend this communication training and gain the confidence and skills you need to stay composed under pressure and express yourself in a way that gets results.
Speaking up and getting heard
- A matter of timing: when you're most likely to be heard and when it's better to hold your tongue
- Crucial differences in the ways men and women communicate — and how to use this awareness to get more respect
- The simple secret of creating immediate rapport
- How taking yourself seriously affects the way others see you … and specific ways to demonstrate your own self-respect
- Tips for gently redefining relationships with your coworkers so they know where you stand and how you want to be treated
- A way to make requests that actually encourages people to cooperate with you
Moving from self-consciousness to self-confidence
- Ways to mentally prepare for a difficult confrontation … an all-important presentation … or a high-powered meeting
- Courage-builders to help you face high-stakes situations and difficult people
- Specific techniques that enable you to keep your composure when you feel yourself losing control
- How to listen (and respond) to what people mean, not what they say
Setting limits without making enemies
- What to do when you're ignored or interrupted (so you don't get flustered and do get results)
- How to criticize others in a way that minimizes resentment and defensiveness
- When you're being criticized: how to stay open to the message without overreacting or being "hurt"
- Ways to respond to intimidation or bullying
- Empathy: your secret weapon for defusing a hothead
- How to say "no" in a way people respect
- What to do when people don't respect your limits
- Specific techniques for dealing with lying, guilt trips, and unreasonable requests
- How to avoid inconsistent behaviors that make it harder for you to set limits the next time
Gaining visibility and getting ahead
- 5 steps that help you manage the stress of speaking in groups
- How to be an "active player" and contribute during meetings
- When you want to sell your point of view: how to make your idea their idea
- How to react to a challenge so you come across even stronger
- A quick and simple way to get over your fear of speaking up
- How to use conflicts to build stronger relationships
Don't wait: Order today!
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||CEU|
All US States: 0.6
All US States: 6
All US States: 5.5
All US States: 6
|About The Provider:
||Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack, divisions of PARK University Enterprises, Inc., create one of the most respected international providers of professional seminars.
Since pioneering the one-day seminar in 1970 as Fred Pryor Seminars, our organization has built a reputation for high-quality, convenient, and practical business-skills training around the world, in every industry and sector.
Today, with more than 8 million satisfied customers, we continue to pride ourselves in providing the superior training you've come to expect from Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack. Our cutting-edge research and course development are designed to meet the adult learning needs of your employees and your organization.
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are your number one choices for training because we offer:
As we continue to grow, expand, and change to meet client and market needs, we always remember that every individual customer matters and that collectively, they are our most valuable assets. That's why our goal is the same today as it was 30 years ago — to provide the best choice in business skills training with maximum convenience to help you — our customer — achieve success!
- In-depth experience in the training industry
- Consistent and comprehensive course offerings
- High-energy and content-rich presentations
- Multiple training tools, including on-site training, on-line learning, seminars, and A/V products
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
||Contact Us For More Information
Bring This Training To Your Location!
Click Here For More Cities And Dates
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
A Post-Election Survival Guide For Employers
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Deal With Employees Who Are Chronically Late Or Absent
Dealing with Difficult People
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud