How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
|Date / Time:
||5/11/2017 / 1:00 - 2:30pm Eastern
|| Audio Conference|
Did you know that 65% of employees who fail to show up for work aren't absent because they're ill? In fact, they're using this unscheduled time off to handle family issues or take care of personal needs. Unfortunately, this unscheduled absenteeism is costing employers a bundle: on average 2.8 million work days each year due to unplanned absences - at a cost of more than $74 billion a year!
Regardless of an employee's need to take time off from work, supervisors and managers are left with "holes" in work schedules and the burden of how to keep operations humming. This can create a great deal of friction, resentment, and even claims of interference and retaliation under the Family &Medical Leave Act.
And with the rate - and cost - of unscheduled absence the highest in almost 10 years, many employers are turning to paid time off or PTO banks to help solve this problem. So join us for a practical and comprehensive look at PTO banks and find out how a properly designed, implemented, and communicated PTO bank can be a win-win proposition for both you and your employees.
In this informative audio conference, you'll learn how to develop a contemporary PTO policy that reduces employee absenteeism, how to structure the policy to address both your exempt and non-exempt employees, and best practices in how to manage leave abuse and avoid legal land mines.
- Get the basics on how to assess, design, communicate, and implement a cost-effective PTO program for your company
- Learn the critical factors to consider when creating or changing a PTO policy - and how it can positively or negatively affect your organizational culture
- Recognize the benefits of an effective PTO policy that combines all time off into one bank vs. delineating vacation, sick, personal, etc.
- Understand how to structure a PTO policy in conjunction with federal employment laws such as FMLA, OSHA, ADA, and the FLSA
- Discover how to handle carryovers and cash out options - especially in states that require payment on unused vacation and personal time at termination (such as California and Illinois)
You will also learn:
- The type of notice you must provide to exempt workers before forcing them to use accrued PTO during temporary furloughs
- When partial-day absences may be deducted from exempt employees' salaries
- Whether use it or lose it policies are legal under federal law
- How to structure a PTO policy to minimize FMLA intermittent leave abuses
- Best practices for carrying over PTO days and cashing out unused time
- How PTO may be used in conjunction with FMLA-related leaves of absences
- Why you must pay close attention to the salary basis test for exempt workers when making pay deductions for unpaid time off
- Recognizing "presenteeism" and workers who show up - but aren't 100% - and what to do about it
About Your Speaker:
Natalie Ivey is President and CEO of Results Performance Consulting, Inc., a firm specializing in leadership and employee development training and continuing education programs for the HR profession.
Ms. Ivey is an author and a national public speaker with more than two decades of leadership and HR management experience with Fortune 500 organizations. She is a member of the Society for Human Resource Management and holds the Senior Professional in Human Resources certification (SPHR). Ms. Ivey is a nationally-known speaker on a variety of topics within the HR profession and is known for her "tell-it-like-it-is", direct approach to teaching HR education.
Ms. Ivey routinely works with individuals, small businesses, and larger corporations to address destructive leadership behaviors and organizational dysfunction. She designs customized training programs to help employers correct poor behaviors, minimize legal exposure, and improve performance and profitability.
PHR / SPHR Credits!
This program has been approved for 1.5 recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCIs criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in On-Demand Or CD versions, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits|
All US States: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||The Industry Calendar creates and sells webinars, audio conferences, and seminars for busy business professionals.
We've done the work of listing the important, don't-miss events in one convenient location so you can quickly and easily view and register for upcoming events. Simply click on a course title or search by specific industry to get started!
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
Managing Emotions Under Pressure
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program