|With passage of the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA) and the recently released EEOC guidance to interpreting the ADAAA, it has become even more important to have accurate, up-to-date job descriptions!
This audio conference will help you to ensure that your job descriptions are properly written, and to make sure your job descriptions are not more harm than help!
Job descriptions are put in place to help employee understand their roles and responsibities.
Well-written job description clearly explain what a person in a given position does, what are the functions performed, the performance expectations, responsibilities, and applicable working conditions.
Unfortunately, job descriptions often are the first document looked at in internal or legal disputes or during a regulatory agency's inquiry.
By attending this 90-minute audio conference, you will learn:
- Why job descriptions are critical in today's workplace
- Considerations for job descriptions for ADA, ADAAA, FMLA, and FLSA purposes
- How to prepare a job analysis of responsibilities, duties, and expectations
- Key elements to include in every job description
- What language to include and what language to avoid
- Why "borrowing" job descriptions is an instant route to confusion, misunderstandings and legal problems
- Common mistakes in job descriptions that come back to haunt the employer
- When and how to review and update your current job descriptions
- Red flags that invite regulatory problems and lawsuits
About Your Speaker
Melissa Fleischer is the Founder and President of HR Learning Center LLC, a human resources consulting firm specializing in the area of employment law. HR Learning Center LLC provides training seminars and consulting on a wide range of workplace and human resource issues.
Ms. Fleischer is a management-side employment attorney with over twenty (20) years experience and is nationally recognized as an expert in her field. She has successfully represented numerous clients in employment discrimination litigation as well as providing preventive counseling and training on workplace issues. Ms. Fleischer is a frequent lecturer on a wide range of employment law topics including seminars and workshops on Anti-Harassment Training, FMLA/ADA Training and Workplace Violence Prevention Training.
PHR \ SPHR Credits!
This program has been approved for 1.5 recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCIs criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.