The following provides course information, as well as pricing, author, and educational credit information for the course you selected.
||How do you manage performance issues that aren't a clear violation of disciplinary policy - and that can't be as easily measured as attendance or meeting deadlines?
For instance, how would you deal with:
Let's face it: otherwise-talented employees who lack soft skills can drive off customers, distance co-workers, be less successful at their jobs because they are constantly in altercations with customers and/or co-workers, and negatively affect their and their co-workers' productivity.
- An employee who withdraws when a decision doesn't go his way
- An employee who can only find negative things in a new initiative
- The manager who says everything that pops into his mind, including colorful language
Employees today expect their leaders to have an adequate level of skill for handling conflicts, so it's crucial that managers/problem solvers in your workplace learn a system that helps them solve conflicts.
Jobs today are too dependent on critical communications and effective interactions to allow conflict to flourish and take over. Don't let easy-to-fix personnel problems affect your workplace!
This training session will teach you how to stay "off the person" and "on the problem" to help motivated employees change and unmotivated employees leave.
By attending, you will learn how to:
About Your Speaker
- Identify the difference between systemic conflict and personality conflict - and why it is vitally important to know the difference
- Know what you want the person to DO - not what you want them to BE
- Utilize five different ways to handle a conflict - including sample language and talking points
- How to encourage the conflict participants to come to their own solutions
- Use Performance Improvement Plans vs discipline: what's the role of each and when to use each one
- Identify and write soft skills behaviors and objectives that help the person be successful - yet provides clear documentation in case they can't
Teri Morning, SPHR, has over 15 years organizational development and teaching experience in a variety of professional fields for both profit and non-profit companies.
In addition to a MBA, Teri also has a Master's degree in Human Resource Development with a specialization in Conflict Management, is certified in mediation skills, is qualified as a Myers-Briggs practitioner, and holds the SHRM certification of a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR).
PHR / SPHR Credits!
This program has been approved for 1.5 recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCI's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:
||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits
All US States: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||The Industry Calendar creates and sells audio conferences, webcasts, seminars, and other training courses for busy business professionals.
We've done the work of listing the important, don't-miss events in one convenient location so you can quickly and easily view and register for upcoming events. Simply click on a course title or search by specific industry to get started!
||Contact Us For More Information