Discover The Power Of Crystal Reports For More Effective Data Management, Presentation, And Distribution!
Crystal Reports is today's most widely used report writing application. In just one day you'll learn how financial data, sales data, personnel data — any information you have stored in a database — can be transformed into an easy-to-understand report that can be distributed via your local area network, the Internet, fax, e-mail, or a printed hard copy with just a few clicks of your mouse!
You'll learn how to add illustrations, charts, graphs, and more to give your reports a professional, finished look. You'll save time by learning to create customized templates and short cuts that you can use over and over again. This incredible program puts you in control of your report from beginning to end so there's no more working around your IT department's schedule.
Our Crystal Reports "crash course" gives you everything you need to start turning out sophisticated, interactive, professional-quality reports as soon as you return to the office! You'll learn to use this powerful software program to instantly extract data from virtually any source to present it in a logical, meaningful report format that is simple to understand, easy for others to access, and a breeze to modify, update, or revise.
One day of our training puts the power of Crystal Reports at your fingertips. You'll learn everything you need to know to create professional reports simple, fast, and virtually trouble-free!
Introduction to Crystal Reports
- What you can accomplish with Crystal Reports, and what you can't
- Navigation — Find your way around the Crystal Reports user interface
- The main components of Crystal Reports' design window and how to use them
- The four editions of Crystal Reports(Standard, Professional, Developer, Advanced)and what each is capable of and how Version 2008 brings them all together!
- A quick history of Crystal Reports
Selecting, Accessing, and Integrating Your Data
- Using the Database Expert dialog box to find your data sources
- Using formulas for data selection
- Creating and using parameter fields for runtime data selection
- Sorting and grouping data
- Creating layers of totals and subtotals
- Using the drill-down capability in Crystal Reports and enabling readers to view underlying areas for more detail
- Implementing calculations and formulas in your reports
Guide to Basic Report Creation
- Using charts, formulas, and functions to enhance your report
- Modifying reports sections: how to master and manipulate them
- Grouping layers of reports information
- Hiding and revealing data using Summary and Drill Down
- Revealing the differences between Absolute and Conditional formatting
- Using the Highlighting Expert to quickly add emphasis to parts of your report
- Adding pictures, text, and other graphic elements to reports
- Using and creating templates to format multiple reports and save their criteria
Advanced Features to Take Your Reports to the Next Level
- Using Crystal Repository to store formulas, customize functions, SQL commands, or images
- Understanding how Crystal Enterprise can help you distribute your reports across an entire enterprise
- Troubleshooting your reports — how to fix the most common errors and problems
- Using the Mailing Label Wizard to print mailing labels in multiple columns
- Sorting and grouping for special emphasis
- Using Cross-Tab Reports for summarizing
- Inserting OLE objects into Crystal Reports
- Creating and updating OLAP data reports
- Using the Chart Expert tool to present your data through pie charts, bar charts, funnel charts, doughnut charts, and more
- Utilizing maps with Crystal Reports' 4 map layouts and 5 map types
- Employing Report Navigation with Report Parts
Publishing, Distribution, and Security
- Publishing a Crystal Report: printing, faxing, posting to your organization's intranet, or distribution via Internet
- Exporting your reports to a variety of file formats including HTML, Adobe® Acrobat®, Excel®, Word, Rich Text Format, Text, and more
- Adding Hyperlinks to create links within your report to websites, e-mail addresses, and other URLs
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
CPE certificates will be available 10 days after your event has ended.
|About The Provider:
||Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack, divisions of PARK University Enterprises, Inc., create one of the most respected international providers of professional seminars.
Since pioneering the one-day seminar in 1970 as Fred Pryor Seminars, our organization has built a reputation for high-quality, convenient, and practical business-skills training around the world, in every industry and sector.
Today, with more than 8 million satisfied customers, we continue to pride ourselves in providing the superior training you've come to expect from Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack. Our cutting-edge research and course development are designed to meet the adult learning needs of your employees and your organization.
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are your number one choices for training because we offer:
As we continue to grow, expand, and change to meet client and market needs, we always remember that every individual customer matters and that collectively, they are our most valuable assets. That's why our goal is the same today as it was 30 years ago — to provide the best choice in business skills training with maximum convenience to help you — our customer — achieve success!
- In-depth experience in the training industry
- Consistent and comprehensive course offerings
- High-energy and content-rich presentations
- Multiple training tools, including on-site training, on-line learning, seminars, and A/V products
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!